Do you mean the Dean Evo?

I have one if that's what you're talking about. I like the playability, but the electrical and hardware parts are low quality and the binding isnt real, its just painted on. If youre looking into upgrading all that after buying a mediocre guitar for ~$500 US, then dont. You'll be better off with a Schecter, which is what I am looking into next. But in the end it's up to you. Try out what you can and see what you like.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Do you mean the Dean Evo?

I have one if that's what you're talking about. I like the playability, but the electrical and hardware parts are low quality and the binding isnt real, its just painted on. If youre looking into upgrading all that after buying a mediocre guitar for ~$500 US, then dont. You'll be better off with a Schecter, which is what I am looking into next. But in the end it's up to you. Try out what you can and see what you like.

I think he means the EVO dimarzio pickups...
Wow, I read that post completely wrong.....but yea....wow....disregard that first post....stress FTL...lol
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by huevos
I've tried the EVO and loved it
Now is the EVO2 any better?

I hear it's more output, but is it as good(or clean) as the EVO?

It's gonna be in a mahogany guitar
And suited for modern metal, and modern rock

or is there anything else that is heavy but still clean?

What is the amp that you're using? The Evo 2 is actually less powerful output-wise, but more harmonically rich. There's sound samples (sadly not scientific like Seymour Duncan) on Dimarzio's webiste.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Yeah sorry, I'm talking about Dimarzio EVO pickups.

I did some research, looks like the EVO2 is lower output
and abit warmer.

I think I'm gonna stick with the standard EVO

The X2N and D-Activators look tempting
But they don't seem as versatile

EDIT:
I'm using a Fender super champ XD
And have a pedal running through it for Hi-Gain
Last edited by huevos at Nov 13, 2008,