Hey, i don't really take influence/play a whole lot of system, but i really like the tone on daron's distortion, and i was just curious if anyone knows exactly what he uses...pedals/guitar/amp...i'm aware that you can get similar tones without having to use the EXACT equipment, but it's just always fun to try. I was able to match almost perfectly the guitar tone on 'They Say' (scars on broadway, daron's latest project) with a Hartke Bass Amp, Distortion DS-1 Pedal, and a Squier Jagmaster with ernie ball super slinky strings.

PS: If you don't like system or scars and feel like flaming them, please, don't post those opinions here.
look it up on google. they've got the answers
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
Equipment

[edit] Guitars

* Ibanez Custom Iceman (various paint jobs, courtesy of Vartan Malakian)
* Gibson SG
* Gibson Les Paul Standard
* Fender fat strat Stratocaster
* Jackson Randy Rhoads RR1T
* Fender Jazzmaster
* Special edition Alex Fernandes Standard

[edit] Amplifiers and effects

* Fulltone CLyde Wah-Wah
* Line 6 DL-4
* Marshall MF 350 "Modefour"
* Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
* Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
* Marshall 1987X "Plexi"
* Orange Amplifier
* Matchless Amplifier
* Vox Amplifier
* Ibanez Amplification
* Soldano Amplifier
* Carvin Amplifier
* Soldano Amplifier
* Mesa Boogie Cabinet
* Marshall Cabinet

[edit] Other

* Ernie Ball "Skinny Top Heavy Bottom"
* Jim Dunlop Delrin 2.0mm Triangular Picks
* Schaller Security Locks
* Seymour Duncan Distortion Pickup

Wikipedia sure is still there.
You're*
that's a great list, but he mainly uses Gibson SG's through Marshall Plexi's or JCM800's (can't remember which) through both Marshall and Divided by 13 cabs
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
When I saw them in 2005 at BDO in Melbourne he was using JCM800s, However that may have been due to the fact that it was in Australia and he had to get his gear locally.
Gear:

Edwards Les Paul Custom
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Fender Stratocaster USA
Ibanez RG550DX

ENGL Fireball
Mesa 4x12 Cabinet
For the Mesmorize/Hyptnotize albums he used a Marshall DSL JCM 2000 with a Gibson SG and Jackson RR model.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
For the Mesmorize/Hyptnotize albums he used a Marshall DSL JCM 2000 with a Gibson SG and Jackson RR model.

This I can verify, I've always seen him with DSL's in every live clip i've seen.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
i've always thought he used his recto gear for the first album, but thats just what my ears told me
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
He did have a single rectifier on the self titled cd. He uses different gear throughout thier time period.
Amp: B-52 AT100 212
Guitar: Parker P-44
Effects: Korg Tuner
Quote by BassFishin
Hey, i don't really take influence/play a whole lot of system, but i really like the tone on daron's distortion, and i was just curious if anyone knows exactly what he uses...pedals/guitar/amp...i'm aware that you can get similar tones without having to use the EXACT equipment, but it's just always fun to try. I was able to match almost perfectly the guitar tone on 'They Say' (scars on broadway, daron's latest project) with a Hartke Bass Amp, Distortion DS-1 Pedal, and a Squier Jagmaster with ernie ball super slinky strings.

PS: If you don't like system or scars and feel like flaming them, please, don't post those opinions here.

Here you go.