Searchbar came up empty, so here it is.

I was doing some research on China for one of my classes and got sidetracked. Somehow (I blame wikipedia) I ended up here:
http://www.humantrafficking.org/
It's some pretty disturbing shit.

Do you guys know of anything being done about this? I know they made the movie Eastern Promises to draw some attention to it, but it seems to me to be seriously downplayed. The report said the governments of most countries implicated as very guilty are pretty careless about what's going on.
This sig is
I know Amnesty International had a campaign about it a while back but Amnesty has a disgusting habit of stopping their highlighting of an issue as soon as it leaves the mainstream media.

It is one of the most disgusting things going on in the world at the moment though and it gets far too little attention. Then again, the same can be said of every human rights issue out there.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
there are so many problems out in the world that is hard to focus on all of them. I hate how some charites get attention for awhile and then everyone forgets. the worlds problems shoudn't be fashion
To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

Look into an organisation called "Stop the traffik", I played a benefit gig for them a year or two ago. It's REALLY disturbing that this kind of stuff is still going on today. I remember a story shortly after that gig of a lithuanian brothel that was discovered about 10 houses away from my best mate's house. Apparently some guys were trafficking women they had kidnapped from lithuana and taking them to this house as sex slaves for guys who came in.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by lespaul#1
That shit won't happen in the Middle East. You wanna buy a girl? Alalalala *boom*.

Please shut the **** up and never come to this thread again.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by Sonny_sam
Look into an organisation called "Stop the traffik", I played a benefit gig for them a year or two ago. It's REALLY disturbing that this kind of stuff is still going on today. I remember a story shortly after that gig of a lithuanian brothel that was discovered about 10 houses away from my best mate's house. Apparently some guys were trafficking women they had kidnapped from lithuana and taking them to this house as sex slaves for guys who came in.

Jesus Christ.

Quote by andOverTheHills
there are so many problems out in the world that is hard to focus on all of them. I hate how some charites get attention for awhile and then everyone forgets. the worlds problems shoudn't be fashion

Where the hell is Bono when you need him?!
This sig is
Government corruption is partly to blame. Getting rid of that is important but the problem is poverty. Money is king where there is poverty and it rules everything. The gangsters making huge cash in human trafficking can easily pay off the authorities. Nothing can be done really.
Sorry trying to get a bit of humor, for me, that makes me calm down a bit. To each his own, huh? Anyone have any idea why people traffick?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
Sorry trying to get a bit of humor, for me, that makes me calm down a bit. To each his own, huh? Anyone have any idea why people traffick?

$$$
why does ug always make me depressed???

life's cruel
To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

Quote by andOverTheHills

life's cruel

SEE WHAT I WAS TRYING TO PREVENT??? BTW, I'm Arab, so that joke wasn't cruel rascism, some people seriously think we're all like that.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by andOverTheHills

life's cruel

Sorry bro
This sig is
Quote by Trefellin
$$$

That pretty much sums it up.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
A little bit off topic but hey!

Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
^^ha!! i'm happier now

Quote by lespaul#1
That's about as bad as what I said, but no, Idread isn't going to cuss you out.

Reported for double-posting. And shut the **** up.

Quote by Sonny_sam
http://www.stopthetraffik.org/
that's the organisation I was on about

Thanks man, I'll look into it.
This sig is
I deleted it, it keeps coming back. WTF do I do to delete it? NVM got it.
Quote by chip46
Edit<Delete Options<Physically delete message.

Sorry for assuming. I jumped the gun a little bit, thinking you were being a little bitch. My bad.
This sig is
Quote by lespaul#1
That's about as bad as what I said, but no, Idread isn't going to cuss you out.

Believe it or not I don't monitor this thread every waking second.
And what he posted was just as stupid and juvanile as what you posted. It really annoys me when people joke about serious issues like this.
And on similar note, what you said especially is personal to me. I have seen the results of suicide bombing first hand and it is no laughing matter.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
Believe it or not I don't monitor this thread every waking second.
And what he posted was just as stupid and juvanile as what you posted. It really annoys me when people joke about serious issues like this.
And on similar note, what you said especially is personal to me. I have seen the results of suicide bombing first hand and it is no laughing matter.

Sorry man, I'll delete that, like I said, I dislike it when people are depressed. My motifs were innocent! But it all came out wrong.
Quote by chip46
Quote by IDread

To be honest I've come to expect it from the pit, but I have been proved wrong on occasion. I can remember several examples of the pit being serious and genuinely helpful to people in need.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Sonny_sam
To be honest I've come to expect it from the pit, but I have been proved wrong on occasion. I can remember several examples of the pit being serious and genuinely helpful to people in need.

its amazing how easy it is to think that everyone on the internet is a douchebag. But yes, there are some genuine people online, just not enough

I wish there was some way to get involved, but I have no cash.
Quote by chip46
Quote by Sonny_sam

I expect it from the Pit too but it still annoys me when someone posts a thread on a serious topic, especially one like this, and then people try to be funny about it.

Back on topic though. This is something that people never expect to have anything to do with them. The example given earlier with the Lithuanian brothel is far too common. I bet there is a similar thing going on near most of posters in this topic. I know there was something in my native Cambridge last year and bet if everybody does some research we will all find a similar racket that has been discovered in our areas.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
if i make a lot of money when i'm older, i'll buy an upper-middle class lifestyle and give what's left away. i think it's our job as humans to help eachother. if this was the perfect world we'd spilt our paychecks in half, but that will never happen(and i wouldn't do it myself to be honest)

Hey, it says tell the police if you suspect children are being exploited in a tourist destination. Virginia Beach is a tourist destination, I live there.
Quote by chip46