I'll try to explain what i mean.

Whenever i play a note(it's much more noticeable on power chords and notes on the heavier strings), and let it ring out, i get this flux that makes the sound go sort of...back and forth, so to speak.

I was wondering if there was a way of getting rid of this. I'm assuming it has something to do with my EQ settings on my amp?(it's the cube, btw).

Settings:
Bass: about 8 o'clock
Mid: 12 o'clock
Treble: 8 o'clock

Thanks for any help.
Gear:
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Ibanez AEL20E Acoustic-Electric
Are you in tune? I know it sounds silly but when different harmonies are played, like a D and a slightly flatter D, you can get an oscillation sound. Check out your intonation.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Check out your intonation and make sure your tuning is spot on. Also, make sure your pickups (if passive high gain pickups) aren't too close to the bottom strings. The pickups can pull on the heavier strings and cause exactly the sound you described.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
i always thought that sounded badass- it does depend how noticeable it is, i guess. i only notice it on long, decaying power chords... if you can hear it nomatter what you're playing, maybe there's something wrong...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That's dissonance oscillation. You need to have your guitar more in tune. If it is perfectly in tune, try not to push too hardor bend the strings when playing chords.
yeah, if it's really obvious you probably just aren't in tune
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've found that really old strings seem to have that effect
Quote by bradulator
Clitoris?

Quote by HeyItsChenny
i smoked weed for the first time last night... it was awesome.

end of story.
Ahh. My low E was out of tune. I tuned it by ear after going into drop d.

I feel like a dumbass for not checking. Thanks guys.
Gear:
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Ibanez AEL20E Acoustic-Electric
Quote by Dave_Mc
i always thought that sounded badass- it does depend how noticeable it is, i guess. i only notice it on long, decaying power chords... if you can hear it nomatter what you're playing, maybe there's something wrong...

That's just feedback, which is always good, assuming it's controllable, and doesn't start going nuts while you're playing.
ah, cheers.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?