Quote by IbanezPsycho
Whats funny is all the guy has to do is push in the gain button and he pretty much has a SS amp.. lol

wut

the sound of a overdrive tube vs SS is huge
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
wut

the sound of a overdrive tube vs SS is huge

Hate to inform you but a diode clipping circuit engaged at low volumes on a non master volume amp does not equal overdriven tubes...
there is a guy on my local craigslist who keeps trying to sell his MG every 2 weeks with just a slightly different description. Like Marshall G250 stack true Marshall tone.

there is some funny stuff on craigslist....too bad you can't search Craigslist by item.
Quote by skvvisgaar
you think that's bad, look what I found when I went on my local craigslist when I came home: http://hamilton.en.craigslist.ca/msg/917759193.html

I would do this for PS3 games, only problem being most video gamers don't have wives, girlfriends or daughters.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
there is a guy on my local craigslist who keeps trying to sell his MG every 2 weeks with just a slightly different description. Like Marshall G250 stack true Marshall tone.

there is some funny stuff on craigslist....too bad you can't search Craigslist by item.

they do have a searchbar you know.....
There is an application for SS amps, you know.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
being in hamilton, that offer seems tempting..

not.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Goes to show, you should never buy a ford.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
This thread =

Because tube always > SS

See Matrixclaw's Ampeg clips for proof.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
they do have a searchbar you know.....

they do but if you search on their Searchbar you only get local listings no?

craigslist's mission is to keep things local but it would be nice if there was a global craigslist search function.

maybe i need to check again.

Edit: Goolz ^ truthz
I don't get it.
So he likes SS...what's the big deal?
I personally would take my SS Paul Stanley Randall Colossus over just about any amp out there.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
they do but if you search on their Searchbar you only get local listings no?

craigslist's mission is to keep things local but it would be nice if there was a global craigslist search function.

maybe i need to check again.

Edit: Goolz ^ truthz

yeah, its only local unfortunatly. when craigslist becomes nation-wide it is just basically an ebay without auctions.
pay protection and ratings tho are good to eBay. Craigslist doesn't advertise. They can only do so much. If .05% or something of each sale went toward maintaining craigslist servers to where they could do more - then I would support that.

let people figure out the shipping and paypal is universal. just thinkin
Sex for a guitar.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
I actually like the high end Randall solid states and the Roland Jazz Chorus has some of the best cleans ever
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
A lot of it is due to the fact that Solid State amps have a true clean. A tube amp's clean tone is actually more of a non driven tone instead of an actual clean tone. That being said, generally tube amps have better clean channels, a lot thicker and warmer, but an amp being solid state is 100% definately not limited because it doesn't have tubes.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
the guy had to bribe with a guitar for sex?!?!?! HAHAHAHA!!!!

never in my life...chicks beg ME for sexy time just to SEE my guitar in action!!

not really....but i do have a gf and we have sexy time whenever the f*ck we want and no compromise is needed
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
This reminds me of a time that a guy had a black mexican strat that he coustimized the hell out of and made it like a david gilmore strat. He didnt lie or anything, he said it was a mexican strat that he made like davids, but heres the kick. He was selling it for $10,000 for "sentimental value". It was so ****ing funny. A new custon shop david guilmore strat is like 3000-4000.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by slash_rocks2005
the guy had to bribe with a guitar for sex?!?!?! HAHAHAHA!!!!

never in my life...chicks beg ME for sexy time just to SEE my guitar in action!!

not really....but i do have a gf and we have sexy time whenever the f*ck we want and no compromise is needed

That's a lovely story, thanks for sharing.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
^i felt it was relevant to the first craigslist thing that was posted haha. obviously i let a little much just slip out. oh well.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out