Hey just a few questions about selling at GC:

I have an epiphone les paul standard in trans blue (I dont think they still make them in that finish). Its barely used; only has slight buckle rash on back. The first question is how much do you think GC will give me for it, its in near mint condition. Second question is if GC gives cash or only store credit for selling used gear.

Thanks in advance!
I wouldn't expect much if you take it in to Guitar Center. I usually do trade-ins at my local music store. If you don't have a local trader, I guess your best bet is Craigslist.
yeah they wont give u anything for that.
i took my razorback down there that i payed $1100+ for and they offered me $275 :S
ebay or craigslist is the way to go.
Quote by stilt37
two dollars and thirteen cents usd.

na, thats too generous of them. somewhere along the line of 99 cents should do it
Okay... when I was trying to sell some of my old stuff at GC one of the clerks walked me through how they actually figure what the would give you for a trade in:

He literally went on E-Bay, signed in, and did a search for the amp I was trying to sell to them. Once the search came up, he clicked "completed listings" on the right hand side of the page. (This lists how much that particular piece sold for within the past few days). The amp I was trying to sell to them, sold for about $175 used. He said that he would then mark up that amp as "used" and put a price tag of around $180-$200 on it. I, in return, would receive about 60% prior to their sale... so in this case, around $120.

I said no freaking way, and sold my stuff on E-Bay.
Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

"Illegitimis nil carborundum"
Yeah, most guitar shops don't give you very much for gear. For example even my local shop, I wanted to sell them my Metal Muff which cost 100 new, and after looking in their 'blue book' they would give me 25 dollars. So just sell it on one of these forums, or ebay, or craigslist, is my suggestion.
DO NOT SELL USED GEAR TO GUITAR CENTER! They will rip you off! Basically they will give you half of what they want to get out of it. And they make 100% profit. And if you do sell it to them, they write you a check that is a pain in the ass to cash. I know all of this because i sold them a guitar to help fund the purchase of a new one. But i did not buy it from them. I am to the point of really disliking guitar center. They have a nice selection, but so what? There customer service sucks! And the guys that work at the near me are assholes!
I don't know how much it is worth. I would try looking up the blue-book value on it. Your best bet is to try Ebay or Craigslist. Guitar Center pays very little for used gear- sometimes they won't even take it. And they give you a check you'd have to cash yourself. I would know- I worked at Guitar Center for a few years.
Don't sell to a retail outlet, they don't need your guitar. eBay is your best bet.
eBay isn't your best bet.

>.>

<.<

Okay, It CAN be. You can get much more for your money going through evil bay, although it's a hassle and a half. However! I would suggest putting it up for consignment somewhere - They'll take 20% or so, but all you do is drop off and sign. Then receive a check in the mail.
BUY MY JACKSON
Quote by imgooley
I don't know what that shit (racer x or paul gilbert) sounds like.

Quote by DSchmitty
Gilbert is a bad riff writer.

Quote by JeffWiredBeck24

Treble - 0
Bass - 0
Mids - 0
Volume - 0
'Tude - 10
Whiny Voice - 10
Panties - White

Quote by Shabadoo
I brake for huge nuts
You could try CraigsList and your local Flea Market paper? Also try putting a few fliers at your school/college/workplace with what you are asking for.
after everything is done, you will have made 100 bucks(if your lucky)

keep it or sell it on ebay
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by IPlaySchecter
DO NOT SELL USED GEAR TO GUITAR CENTER! They will rip you off! Basically they will give you half of what they want to get out of it. And they make 100% profit. And if you do sell it to them, they write you a check that is a pain in the ass to cash. I know all of this because i sold them a guitar to help fund the purchase of a new one. But i did not buy it from them. I am to the point of really disliking guitar center. They have a nice selection, but so what? There customer service sucks! And the guys that work at the near me are assholes!

i still say sam ash is far worse, dunno about how their used gear selling goes but overall i prefer GC
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
i really prefer ebay over craigslist. more procedures and therefore more secure. you don't want strangers coming to your house and stuff do you?