Id like to know if theres an easy way to clean screws from stain, sweat, corrosion... Its hard to find new screws for pick frames, and stuff
Its just a Yamaha Rg.

Any home made way to take the stain out? Rubbing is not enough...
Yes they are they silver colored. That isopropyl alcohol is the "regular" alcohol for wounds?
Quote by Skierinanutshel
yeah. same stuff.

alternatively, to get the rust off, get some wd-40, soak it, and steel wool the heck out of the screws.
WD-40 is loaded with Silicone ... very bad if you plan to re-finish your guitar in the future. It seeps into the wood and makes re-finishing a b!tch.

Just buy new ones for cheap.

WD-40 doesn't contain any silicone. But i wouldn't use it for cleaning screws anyway.

I doubt anything is going to do much for the screws, much easy to just get some new ones tbh.
Quote by dave293
WD-40 doesn't contain any silicone. But i wouldn't use it for cleaning screws anyway.

I doubt anything is going to do much for the screws, much easy to just get some new ones tbh.
Where the heck have you been?

And apologies for the wrong info ... from the WD-40 website:

What does WD-40 contain? While the ingredients in WD-40 are secret, we can tell you what WD-40 does NOT contain. WD-40 does not contain silicone, kerosene, water, wax, graphite, chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), or any known cancer-causing agents.

I've been busy with stuff but I still check in here for a lurk often.

The Wd-40 containing silicone is a common myth though.
just buy new screws. luckily ur in America.
If all else fails, you better contact your mother! COME ON!

::type
I agree to get new screws. It's really difficult to clean the screws well. You can buy new screws at www.boltdepot.com. I suggest get something like stainless steel so it won't rust and it's pretty nice looking. Don't get titanium screws unless you want to have more troubles than now.
Thank you all for your answers. Ill go with stainless steel as soon as I find them.
That's one I can answer...

Steel wool. No WD40 necessary. Besides, WD40 contains some oil and I hate rust+oil because it equals to dirty mess.

Simply, clean the head with steel wool. When you're done, clean it really good with a rag or cotton swab and apply clear enamel over the head.

You'll have to destroy the enamel next time you need to remove the bolt, though.

The other option is stainless steel.
Noob Grade Gear...
Ibanez GRX20 GFS Pups, Digitech RP3, Vox Satchurator, Behringer DD400 Delay, Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ, Behringer GMX110
Total lack of skills and not into broot4Lz anymore