Is it possible to replace the nut on the end of the truss rod? I think mine is stripped.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

What makes you think it's stripped? If it is stripped and it's a cheap guitar, I'd say it's time for a new guitar. Even if it's an expensive guitar, chances are it's going to be an expensive repair.
uhhh...it depends on how stripped the the truss rod is itself, if you can somehow get a nut started on there, then it might work, but you may either have to buy a new neck, or send it to someone like stewmac to get the trussrod replaced.

btw.

john petrucci and jordan rudess = the shit. i have that album and even though bite of the mosquito sounds kinda weird, the chord progression in that is cool and has alot of secondary dominance and deceptive cadences. its sweet though. john petrucci is my idol.
Quote by Øttər
I'll accept Jesus into my heart if the neighboorhood accepts my penis into it's street.
Dang, how did it become stripped?

I have to adjust the ones on my guitars every once in a blue moon. How much adjusting were you doing to strip it?

Cheers!
Surf Rock the World

'Shark Bait'
Coming soon.
I'm not sure how it became stripped. It's not COMPLETELY stripped, though. I don't adjust it very often, but I may have been using the wrong size allen wrench or something stupid like that. I'm going to be selling it, and it's not a very expensive guitar. I am already in the process of building the one that will replace it.

BTW, JP&JR is indeed an amazing album.

EDIT: I bought the guitar used, so I'm not sure if it was like this beforehand or not.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Last edited by 6DgOfInTb at Nov 13, 2008,
A solution I saw with the allen wrench style is. Clean the hole out with alcohol and qtips. Then use jbweld in the hole and push a allen wrench in to give it the proper shape. You have to put something on the end of the allen so it wont stick to the jbweld. Saran wrap would probably work. Should work decent if alot of adjustments werent made. Or if you can get the old nut off you should be able to get a new nut.