Page 1 of 2
Today there was a blood drive at my school, and I signed up and gave blood. I was just wondering what other UG'ers have ever given blood.

Also I searched real quick and didn't see anything.
“Any other day I’d say no, but today I’m gonna go ahead and just say no.”

-Dr. Cox
I haven't, but I've always meant to. I'm 20 years old and my blood type is undocumented. It'd be nice to figure that out. They should tell you your type when you do it.
I donate at every chance. I have type O+, which is apparently somewhat in need around here.

A buddy of mine had to go through cancer treatment and blood transfusions saved his life on a few occasions.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Gays can't give blood
Sucks
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

I'm English, living in Australia. Hence, they think I have mad cow disease or foot-and-mouth, so I'm not allowed. Considering how critically short of blood they are, you'd think they'd test to see if you had mad cow disease or something
Quote by Kensai
And he calls himself australian

... Should've mentioned I'm an immigrant... from England

X
Yea, I'm 16. I had to get a conscent form signed. And they do give you your blood type in the mail after you donate. 6-8 weeks I think they said.

Edit: They didn't ask any drug or alcohol questions, only about sharing needles, going out of the U.S., and sex.

-Dr. Cox
I had a blood test to assess whether or not I was eligible to give blood and the levels of THC in my bloodstream combined with my slight anemia meant that I wasn't allowed to actually donate any blood...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Gave it twice just to get out of school, but I don't anymore, just cause it's boring.
Quote by Top Cat
I'm English, living in Australia. Hence, they think I have mad cow disease or foot-and-mouth, so I'm not allowed. Considering how critically short of blood they are, you'd think they'd test to see if you had mad cow disease or something

They had a lot of questions on the pre-test thing about going to Europe, but a bunch specifically talking about visiting or living in England. They told us it was because of the mad cow, like you said.

-Dr. Cox
Quote by IliekGuitar
Yea, I'm 16. I had to get a conscent form signed. And they do give you your blood type in the mail after you donate. 6-8 weeks I think they said.

Edit: They didn't ask any drug or alcohol questions, only about sharing needles, going out of the U.S., and sex.

Yeah, I passed on an opportunity to give blood because I was hung over, and therefore probably had pretty good level of alcohol in my blood. The lady came up to me and asked me if I'd be willing to donate and I said "you don't want my blood" and walked by. In hindsight it was probably not the best thing to say because I think she thought i had TEH AIDZ or something.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by synpet713192
Seriously? Wow, that's fucked.

Yeah it is
Apparently there is too high a risk of HIV
'Tis discrimination
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

Quote by synpet713192
Seriously? Wow, that's fucked.

Sadly there are still some old prejudices woven into our collective medical systems.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I took a day off because my first and only blood test scared me that much. I want to but I don't know if I can. Also you have to wait for a few months to pass by after tats or piercings.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Blood?

*faint*

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I did two days ago. Really easy to do, just lie back and relax. AND i got chocolate!
Never have, but i would. However, on my last blood test, it took the person ages to find a vein, so i could be waiting a while even if i did.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by b2spirita
I did two days ago. Really easy to do, just lie back and relax. AND i got chocolate!

Lucky bastard. All they gave us was orange juice, water bottles, and pretzles. They were out of cookies when I got done

-Dr. Cox
Suggestion for a new pin, given to blood donors:

I Cum Gave Blood!

but i doubt the Red Cross will find any humour in that.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I organize the blood drive at my school. Lots of work but it's worth it =]
We donated about 54 units last time, having another one in February
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I've given three times, but Red Cross kept calling and it got a little annoying. So I went to Africa this summer and when I got back they called again and when I told them I'd been to Africa they were like, "Have a nice life!" and that was that
Keep the change, pimps don't jangle
Our school donated a ton. They'll probably say how many units tomorrow, but I do know that there wasn't enough time in the school day to get everyone. The red cross people say that we donate the most in the area.

-Dr. Cox
I can't, something to do with receiving blood after 1980.
Quote by TommUK
I can't, something to do with receiving blood after 1980.

Yeah, that's the same reason my Mum can't give blood any more

I do though, regularly. It makes me feel good about myself
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by IliekGuitar
Our school donated a ton. They'll probably say how many units tomorrow, but I do know that there wasn't enough time in the school day to get everyone. The red cross people say that we donate the most in the area.

that's just dandy
i love giving blood. it makes me feel good to know that my contributions could possibly help someone in the future. its a very good thing to do. i do it every chance i get
Always. Being O-, they pester me whenever there's a blood drive going on.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I give blood. You get free food and drinks and a cool bandage to wear, plus it saves lives. Why not? And I'm O- as well, so its always in need.
No way, if something is inside of you it should stay there.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by RocksAwakening5

jizz is inside of you, yet you probably (like most of us pit monkeys) masturbate daily
Quote by RocksAwakening5

Not a fan of the bathroom? The toilet won't eat you.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Page 1 of 2