Anyone here able to play Achilles Last Stand through, every single note down perfectly? I haven't tried learning it yet because I don't have enough time, but I'd like to know if it's a hard piece or very timeconsuming to learn.

My skill level is moderate, I suppose. I've been playing for 9 months, and am currently able to play Holy Wars by Megadeth without the solos for the moment, because I need to work on sweeps, and I'm looking for a Zeppelin song to learn that isn't too hard to play.
If you're lookin' for an easy Zeppelin song, why don't u try out Dazed and confused, immigrant song, whole lotta love or something like that
Me and you are pretty much the same. I can play holy wars without the solos and have ben playing about 10 monthes. But i can play Achilles Last Stand. It is sorta timeconsuming but not as much as you would think. Its pretty much just repetitive. The solo isnt hard. You can learn it in a couple days easy if you try hard enough.
=\ I already know The Ocean, and most easy songs that they play. Looking for more advanced stuff that'll actually require effort on my part.
since i've been loving you is both fun and not too challenging... just enough to keep you on your toes... i was able to play it perfectly after playing for 6-7 months so you should be quite capable
the ocean is hella easy and fun to play
and i know this isn't zepp but wild thing is also really fun and hella easy
Quote by Midnight Murk
If you want a challenge, throw away your tabs and really listen to the music.

I never stated I use tabs. I used them at the start, but I haven't used a tab for about 3 months now. That's why I'm looking for a decently challenging Zeppelin piece that won't take too much time to transcribe by ear, and play.
I just learned how to play black dog about a half hour ago, never really listened to much zepplin, aside from the classics but love that song
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Quote by V.U.K
I never stated I use tabs. I used them at the start, but I haven't used a tab for about 3 months now. That's why I'm looking for a decently challenging Zeppelin piece that won't take too much time to transcribe by ear, and play.
In that case, go buy all the Led Zeppelin albums and learn any song you want.
Quote by Midnight Murk
In that case, go buy all the Led Zeppelin albums and learn any song you want.

;_; Are you nuts? That'd take tons of free time, and I've got midterms coming up soon, and 4 big tests within the next two weeks. The only time I'd have for that is Christmas break. Through personal experience, would you say Achilles Last Stand is a lengthy song to transcribe? How about Black Dog?
Quote by Midnight Murk
I may be nuts, but learning any song you want doesn't mean that you have to learn every song.

"Achilles Last Stand" is simply a lengthy song, so transcribing would obviously take a long time. "Black Dog" is significantly shorter (and easier), so that would be a good choice.

Woops :p Man, my mind is mucho shut down from all this homework. x_x

By the way, do you know of any good decently priced (i.e 700 or less USD) Epiphone LPs? My Special II is terrible, and I'm looking for something that'll get me a nice bluesy/classic rock tone. I don't want to get a Gibby 'cause they're a little heavy, and in most cases, overpriced, imo.
Quote by V.U.K
Woops :p Man, my mind is mucho shut down from all this homework. x_x

By the way, do you know of any good decently priced (i.e 700 or less USD) Epiphone LPs? My Special II is terrible, and I'm looking for something that'll get me a nice bluesy/classic rock tone. I don't want to get a Gibby 'cause they're a little heavy, and in most cases, overpriced, imo.

You should learn Boogie Mama.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Wn79EB6cQ

Also for an LP under 700 the epi standard or standard plus or an agile 3000 would be good I'd say.
achilles last stand isnt too hard but i think it would be hard to transcribe by ear because through out most of the song page has 3 guitar tracks playing different parts. the main track really shouldnt be too hard to find out but it is quite lengthy. the solo is fairly simple. that shouldnt be a problem. and id go with an agile les paul copy.
Houses of the Holy.

You can get most Epiphone LPs with 700 bucks.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Whole Lotta Love, Immigrant Song, and Black Dog aren't too hard to learn, especially the first two.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Oh dudes "No Quarter", its pretty easy and that riffis effing transcending!!!
LOOK AT MY SIG!!!!
Quote by Xpresspeace
Oh dudes "No Quarter", its pretty easy and that riffis effing transcending!!!

+1

the riff to that song is pretty easy and cool
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^