Page 1 of 2
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=38379973 Really ****ed up and dark Death Metal from Finland, definitely recommended for fans of Demilich and Infester.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
We all know how much I love Demilich and Infester.

So naturally these guys are ace. I got into these guys about the same time I got into Infester all those years back come to think of it.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Yeah, how is their new stuff? I only have Slumber of Sullen Eyes.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Its great work. Demigod pretty much proved that they can past the test of time. Slumber of Sullen Eyes is still easily their best effort though.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
cool, I'll be sure to pick up Shadow Mechanics and Let Chaos Prevail when I get the chance.

EDIT: BTW I've been really digging Old School Finnish DM like Demilich, Demigod, and Vomiturition, can anyone recommend me any other bands?
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Last edited by MetalMessiah665 at Nov 13, 2008,
Time for a bump. Lets discuss some good music, theres too much symphonic avant garde crap in the metal forum these days.

Anyone get the demo that came with the re-release of Slumber.... ? For once, the demo isnt even up to half the standard of the album! Although for such a killer album, that would be hard.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
lol 7 responses, UG you have a horrible tendency to ignore the best threads.

Demigod's debut is one of the best death metal albums made...
Slumber of Sullen Eyes is a classic of the genre, later stuff veers too much toward the Gothenburger/mid-period Sentenced direction for my tastes. Adramelech, which featured several members of Demigod, served, I think, as a better continuation of the Demigod legacy.
Been recommended them before I think, I'll get Slumber today then.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
>_> i put up a GP for As I Behold I Despite... more tabs of them would be epic^^
guess I'll be trying out Adramelech
^They are awesome, get Psychostasia
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
those scandenavians,
they come up with some good stuff dont they.

wicked bass sound.
illustration student - happy to do any band artwork/logos
some of my work can be seen at:

theGentleSquid

Is now the time to point out that I picked up the Drowned Prod. cd pressing for $6.95 from a used record shop?
Quote by Scourge441
Finnish death metal is the best death metal.

I wouldn't go that far, but there certainly have been some all-time classics to come out of Finland.
Quote by Dylar
Is now the time to point out that I picked up the Drowned Prod. cd pressing for $6.95 from a used record shop?

Probably would be a good time. You bastard. Ah well, the first pressings of the CD's are going for 120 bucks now, so I'll settle for a 7 dollar first press tape

And basically all Scandinavian death metal is just the best
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

In fairness, I picked up that copy at least a dozen years ago, before the internet eBay had inflated market prices for out-of-print metal.
You old people and your early years before the advent of eBay.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Nah man, eBay was a huge godsend for serious metal fans in its earlier years, particularly for black and death metal fans. Before the internet, distribution - even for relatively well known bands - was kind of spotty because it had to be negotiated separately for every region, and most metal labels really couldn't afford to sign deals with more than a handful of distributors. But that also meant that even those same relatively well-known bands received print runs that were more limited than you might have expected for artists of that level of exposure, which explains some of the prices those albums now fetch.
Last edited by Dylar at Jan 18, 2010,
I agree that while it is easier, I've spent wayyy too much money on LP's. The first two Bolt Thrower records alone cost me 140 dollars (after shipping, damned Canada).
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

I'm a huge fan of not overpaying for vinyl, which is, for the most part, a much inferior medium. Unless, of course, you've got $10-12K invested in a playback system that gets the most out of an old-fashioned record (in which case you're probably wealthy enough not to give a shit about what the albums themselves cost). It is nice to have the artwork in 12"X12" format, rather than in 5"X5".
Plus wax just sounds better. And since it's generally looked at as antique (to the general public I'm talking, not metal listeners) it makes it all the more intriguing to just pay a few extra dollars for the bigger album art.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

That's the thing. It doesn't sound better, unless you've got the (very expensive) playback setup to maximize what records provide. On your average home stereo setup, a compact disc is going to give you superior audio performance pretty much every time. Vinyl doesn't start coming into its own as a medium until you've got at least $10k in your system, and even then the difference is pretty negligible unless you're talking classical recordings.
$10k? goddamn

then again I can't even tell the difference between bitrates and their sound quality? /ignorance

Anyway, well, I tried Adramelech long ago, didn't give nearly as much a damn for their material as Demigod's *shrugs* I'll try them again at a later time.
I dunno man, there's certain records that just sound way better on vinyl compared to the CD's or the mp3's. Most black metal albums, for example. Maybe it's just the experience of listening through loud speakers as aposed to headphones on my computer or ipod.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

That's a good steal. You won't believe how much shipping costs for people who live in Australia. It's quite a rip off and ends up being cheaper locally (or not being worth the wait)
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Well what's funny about it is that the guy who sold it to me off eBay goes to a university that's like 15 minutes away so I just did local pickup. He would have lost money on shipping anyway
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Regardless of what sound system you have, anything thats digital will be more compressed compared to something thats analog.I just have some old speakers and turntable second hand from my dad. Probably not worth all that much, and the vinyls sounds far superior to if i plug my ipod into my speakers. Much fuller sound. Slumber Of Sullen Eyes is such a great release,:40 in "Towards The Shrouded Infinity" is among my favorite riffs ever.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Compression is an artifact of the engineering and mastering process, not of the format (obviously excepting deliberately compressed files like mp3s and other lossy electronic formats). You can make a record just as "hot" (i.e. compressed) as a compact disc simply through the choices made in the recording process. The comparison between your iPod and records played over your speakers doesn't really have any bearing here. Most of the files you're hosting on your iPod are going to be in lossy formats (AAC, mp3, etc.). Unless your files are in lossless formats like FLAC or the Apple Lossless encoder, they're obviously going to have a sound inferior to that of a cd or an lp.
TBH I've yet to notice the difference... but then again I haven't played a CD in a stereo that's not my car's in years... but I still don't recall any differences
UPDATE 17.5.2010 "DEMIGOD - Slumber of the Sullen Eyes"

Legendary Finnish Death Metal pioneers DEMIGOD return, performing their classic album "Slumber of the Sullen Eyes" (along with earlier material) with the 90s line-up!

This is your one opportunity to witness the masterpiece live!

Hail Metal of Death!!!

Such....jealousy.....
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Oh. Tit.

Finland! **** you! You get Demigod AND Demilich this summer you ****ing worthless queefbags!!!
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Page 1 of 2