I have hit a fork in the road for my side project. I created a riff for in C standard, and I have done everything except the drums, (and the extra guitar in one riff.)

SO, I have two different drum sounds for the same track. My buddy did the drums, and we jammed with Riff 2 sound which I liked. He threw me a curveball and recorded the other track which sounds good, too. Each drum track is totally different and would change my side project. I'm on the fence, but I wanted to see what you guys thought!

My question is if I can have your ears for 80 seconds. (The length of both riffs)

Check it out here...
http://www.myspace.com/thecaseyburkeexperience

Check out Riff 1, and Riff 2. Please tell me which one you like and why!

Thanks
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50

Gas List

Gibson Firebird
Quote by TrUe MeTaL FaN
wont load for me

Its working on my computer...but that sucks...
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50

Gas List

Gibson Firebird
Dude. You're from WV? Me too. Add me, damnit. I havn't been able to find anyone else from WV.

Riff 2 I like better because the drums are...well..audible over the obnoxious (but not too bad) guitar. The being said, work on your technique because it sounds like you are accidentally bending strings all over the place.
Megadeth > Metallica
Gibson > Fender
Randy Rhoads > Everybody

Quote by gamenerd323
451f you sig is the truest thing in the world

My sig > Yours
Quote by 451F

Riff 2 I like better because the drums are...well..audible over the obnoxious (but not too bad) guitar. The being said, work on your technique because it sounds like you are accidentally bending strings all over the place.

well...I bent them on purpose... I was going for that...my bad...See I recorded everything from audacity, and then he added his drums on Garageband. SO he couldnt mix the guitars...
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50

Gas List

Gibson Firebird
Well, if that's what you were going for I mean no disrespect, but I don't like it. You may, and if so, go with that. How well people like a song is 98% opinion and 2% how well it was recorded.
Megadeth > Metallica
Gibson > Fender
Randy Rhoads > Everybody

Quote by gamenerd323
451f you sig is the truest thing in the world

My sig > Yours
Quote by 451F
Well, if that's what you were going for I mean no disrespect, but I don't like it. You may, and if so, go with that. How well people like a song is 98% opinion and 2% how well it was recorded.

By all means! I thank you for listening. It's something I'm looking into. I appreciate your input. I can only get better through criticism.

I can see your point about recording, but sometimes bad recording turns me off...
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50

Gas List

Gibson Firebird
Before this thread is a closer...anyone else wanna give some help?
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50

Gas List

Gibson Firebird
Hey man it sounded good. I liked both and see absolutely no reason why they couldn't be two different parts in the same song. In fact, if you were to use both I think it would be a stronger song. Perhaps one verse and the other bridge or whatever you like. Varying a song up keeps it interesting for the listener and can provide ideas for new directions to move in.