Does anyone here know of a good quality metal guitar at a good low price?
Maybe an Ibanez?
I'm not sure, most great guitars are $400 and up, so I'll probably have to head to used guitars for this one, but please point me out in a good direction.
actually... an RG321MH is your best bet IMO.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
actually... an RG321MH is your best bet IMO.

I agree, even though they aren't really my thing.

Edit: also if you can find a used epiphone g-400 with emgs, new they are about 450 so you might be able to find one used.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
( lol people here post really fast! )

I'm getting the Ibanez RG321mh. It's in your $300 price range. People tell me to get it because it's a fixed bridge because $300 price range guitars have bad tremolo bridges which go out of tune often.
Last edited by Johntubb at Nov 13, 2008,
Speaking as somebody who actually has an RG321MH as a backup guitar, I can tell you it's solid. It won't let you down. It sounds bright and it's got a nice feel to it. BUT the bridge hurt likes frig to palmmute on, especially if you're an aggressive down-picker like me. But yeah man, good guitar. I don't know if it's your best option but it's worth checking out.

I got mine used for a sweet deal, about $100 off the original price and it had only been played like three times, so do keep an eye out for used guitars.
Quote by Johntubb
Umm.. I don't really know much but I'm probably getting the Ibanez RG321mh . It's $299 from most places I checked online and it's usually free shipping too( in the US ). People will probably suggest you go to a shop and try it out first though. It's mahogany body and has a fixed bridge. I've been told not to get a tremolo bridge unless my budget is much higher or it will go out of tune regularly. My budget is the same as yours. Don't forget to set aside money for an amp if you already don't have one. Lol this is my first post trying to '' help '' someone. I hope it did.

From one new board member to another welcome you will love this message board. Really informative with all these guitar wizes.
IF YOUR NOT PLAYING GUITAR WTF ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE???
anythin from schecter is good for metal. i think the Gryphon runs for about 300, not too sure. if you can find a used Damien or C-1, those are also very good models. I use a damien fr myself, cost me about 450 new, so used should be around your range
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
No point putting duncans into a plywood guitar... also, amp? If you like the SG shape, I'd get a G-400 vintage, and replace the pickups with better ones (I'd recommend Distortion/Jazz)
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Where do you people find used guitars? I'm guessing you guys are in the US?
Quote by Johntubb
Where do you people find used guitars? I'm guessing you guys are in the US?

Usually Ebay and Craigslist.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
I second the Schecter Gryphon. They are godlike for the money, and the duncan-designed pups aren't half bad. You could probably buy a used one from music-go-round pretty easily.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by metalishreddr13
my SG is made of plywood? holy shit! Is it?

look @ epi's website. Laminated Alder/Maple, I think
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
With a price range like that you can't make decisions on genre that much. If you had say $500 we would be able to help you a lot better.

I play metal with my Epi's - LP Custom and SG G-310. I can only recommend the 310, it is in a lot ways better than my custom. But it's very hit and miss with entry level guitars. Make sure you try it first.

I recommend Epi SG. The pickups a solid enough and definately let out a metal tone. I play Death with the SG and sounds pretty good. Always remember to put reliabilty and tone over appearance.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.