I say the RG from personal preferance. It's a much better guitar for that price than the LTD, and I'm not a fan of the LTD body shape as I really like the RG with-out an Edge III.
Ibanez IMO.
but are the IBZ V7 and IBZ V8 good hambuckers? or better than the ESP LH-150 pickups?
Quote by Underblaze
but are the IBZ V7 and IBZ V8 good hambuckers? or better than the ESP LH-150 pickups?

OK, first of all it's humbuckers.

Second, the V7/V8 aren't bad, probably much better than the ESP in house...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
even if the ax-50 played like a dream i'd be put off by how ugly it is.

rg2ex1 for me, especially that new blue one they just came out with.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
even if the ax-50 played like a dream i'd be put off by how ugly it is.

rg2ex1 for me, especially that new blue one they just came out with.

well, the silver one is ugly, but in black is kinda metal. but i dont care look, i care for sound.
what amp do you have ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
my friend has an upperclass ax from ltd, its great. fast neck, jsut as fast as any ibanez, the humbuckers have a nice crunch for all your metal licks, and im just not an ibanez fan, ltd in my book
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Quote by mikeyElite
what amp do you have ?

a 15 watts peavey transtube blazer 158
i played the AX-50 at school, it was my mates. It is really bad lol... It's so light it feels like its made out of plywood and its not strong at all. I played it through a Peavey Studio Pro 112 and couldn't get a good tone. I recommend the Ibanez RG2EX1.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
i played the AX-50 at school, it was my mates. It is really bad lol... It's so light it feels like its made out of plywood and its not strong at all. I played it through a Peavey Studio Pro 112 and couldn't get a good tone. I recommend the Ibanez RG2EX1.

oh have you played the RG2EX1?
I have the AX-2E and I love it. It sounds good, it's comfortable to play sitting or standing. I would recommend saving a little more money and going for a higher model AX. I think you will be alot happier with a higher end model and the AX-2e isn't that much more than the 50. The guitar you buy is going to last you years if you like it, so I wouldn't compromise on the guitar purchase. I know it's rough wanting a guitar and having to wait till you save more money, but it will be worth it in the end. I know I couldn't afford the next model above mine, but the only real difference is the pick ups and I can change those anytime, if I want to.

But to recap, I love my LTD AX.
About the ESP: 'Bad Looking, Sweet playing'

Can't comment on the playing though
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey