ok, not sure if it's the right forum or not, if it's now, would a mod please move it?

ok, now, my question.

if a lot of metal bands tune down to like b standard, c standard, and a standard, why don't they just use a baritone guitar? don't know much about baritones to be honest, but it makes more sense to use a baritone than a regular tuned low.

opinions on this?

EDIT: to all that say that there arent many "metal" baritone guitars, if metal artists used them, wouldnt ibanez, dean, etc. start making them then?
Last edited by guitardude34875 at Nov 13, 2008,
they easily could but I don't think there are alot of baritone guitars out there with floyd rose trems. That may be the issue.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
there arnt many baritone guitars and they feel alot diffrent
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Plus its harder to play a baritone

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Man, would love a baritone acoustic for crazy tunings. As for metal, what in the world gauge of string do you use to tune down to B? Wouldn't they just be flopping all over the place? I guess it must make it easier on the fingers though. Yeah, I haven't the slightest clue?
Quote by jayr123guitar
Man, would love a baritone acoustic for crazy tunings. As for metal, what in the world gauge of string do you use to tune down to B? Wouldn't they just be flopping all over the place? I guess it must make it easier on the fingers though. Yeah, I haven't the slightest clue?

I'd get 13 with an unwound G if I played in B.

I'll probably get a 7-stringer anyway.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by jayr123guitar

12 or 13 gauge, I think. I've heard 11s for drop C and D. Just a guess, I'm a bassist, I don't know...
on my Les Paul (24.75") I use:
11's for standard - Dropped D
12's for D standard - Dropped C
13's for C standard - Dropped Bflat and Dropped B (C# standard)

On my Custom (25.5" scale) I use:
10's for Standard-Dropped D
11's for D standard - Dropped C
12's or 13's for C#/C standard -Dropped B/Bflat.

(All Dean Markley Nickel Steels.)
------

Shwiggity.
At my local music store there is a double neck white guitar, six string electric/baritone electric.

It's sick.

Doesn't contribute to the thread much, I think it's a cool guitar though.
Quote by Absent Mind
Plus its harder to play a baritone

No it isn't. at least not in my experience.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I prefer baritones
Loose strings bother me
Baritones keep them nice and tight
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....