I'm on a pick up hunt for my strat project at the moment, and I have two modes of thought:

1) Humbucker-sized P90 for the neck, Single Coil Mid, High output Humbucker for Bridge

and

2) Simple single coil replacements all round.

The first question I might come to another time as I've narrowed it down to well, a not so small nine configurations, so I though the second question might be a more straightfoward question.

I'm looking for a Jimi style town if I go down this route. I think I may have the answer already, with the Kinman Woodstock (Plus) pickups , which from the soundclips sound really good.

But am very curious about Bare Knuckle, as they seem to be roundly praised by most people. Which BKPs would compare to the Kinman Woodstocks?

What do you think?
www.sdpickups.com

The redhouse set.

In reality, they're probably not much different than Kinman or BKP vintage strat pups, but from the clips, I prefer Stephens Designed.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Thanks, I was actually looking at SD's Pig Nineties for the P90 solution, so I'll check the Redhouse set out. Are there pickups generally highly recommended?

Which BKP set were you thinking of for that Vintage Strat sound?
Quote by Ch0yc3
Thanks, I was actually looking at SD's Pig Nineties for the P90 solution, so I'll check the Redhouse set out. Are there pickups generally highly recommended?

Which BKP set were you thinking of for that Vintage Strat sound?

I don't know a whole lot about BKPups really, it was just a general statement because in my experience most boutique pup manufacturers make the exact same "copies" of vintage pickups, with minor tweaks.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/