Epiphone has discontinued their epiphone elitist models,,, but i really want a elitist 335... they are still selling them at gc and musicians friend and music 123 though--- so do you think they will still have them in at least 1 month? (christmas)
Definitely. I wouldn't be too worried about it, and there'll always be second hand models being traded in. Keep an eye on Craigslist, too.
Quote by exect4500
that would depend on the demand for the guitar

well im hoping with
the market going up and down and most people thinking
epiphone=suck the demands not that big...
just get your parents to buy it now instead of in a month.
btw you're a prick for getting a >1000$ guitar from your parents.
Quote by Wankmaster_V
well im hoping with
the market going up and down and most people thinking
epiphone=suck the demands not that big...

Idk, the Epi Elitist models are pretty well known for being on par with/ superior to Gibby Standard models. I'd rather have an Epi Elitist than a Gibson Standard, personally.
Last edited by irishstang_87 at Nov 15, 2008,
Quote by tona_107
just get your parents to buy it now instead of in a month.
btw you're a prick for getting a >1000$ guitar from your parents.

i have a 800$ now, my parents said they would pay the other money if i got into my early decision college (NYU) - i find out dec 15
i was going to say never. There always on Ebay or cragislist. If not that and its just the shape you like another company will be sure to rip that shape.
Quote by youngncy
i was going to say never. There always on Ebay or cragislist. If not that and its just the shape you like another company will be sure to rip that shape.

well i meant like buying new
Quote by Wankmaster_V
i have a 800$ now, my parents said they would pay the other money if i got into my early decision college (NYU) - i find out dec 15

props to you man, and good luck.
Quote by tona_107
props to you man, and good luck.

seeing its my birthday on dec 11 as well thanks
Quote by irishstang_87
Idk, the Epi Elitist models are pretty well known for being on par with/ superior to Gibby Custom models. I'd rather have an Epi Elitist than a Gibson Standard, personally.

is that why they are discontinuing them? for being too good?
Quote by irishstang_87
Idk, the Epi Elitist models are pretty well known for being on par with/ superior to Gibby Custom models. I'd rather have an Epi Elitist than a Gibson Standard, personally.

An Elitist isn't better than a Gibson Custom model. They don't even have the same specs.

A Gibson Les Paul Custom blows the Elitist Les Paul Custom out of the water. They're made of better woods, have better hardware and are crafted better.

You might be able to get away with saying that an Elitist LP Standard is close to on par with a Gibson LP standard, but anything else is pushing it.

Try the Elitists, you'll realize that those guitars are hyped up way too much.

That being said, they are great guitars but other Japanese brands blow them out of the water.

TS, if you can't find an Elitist ES-335, check out the reissue Tokai ones.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

An Elitist isn't better than a Gibson Custom model. They don't even have the same specs.

A Gibson Les Paul Custom blows the Elitist Les Paul Custom out of the water. They're made of better woods, have better hardware and are crafted better.

You might be able to get away with saying that an Elitist LP Standard is close to on par with a Gibson LP standard, but anything else is pushing it.

Try the Elitists, you'll realize that those guitars are hyped up way too much.

That being said, they are great guitars but other Japanese brands blow them out of the water.

TS, if you can't find an Elitist ES-335, check out the reissue Tokai ones.

Yeah, is about right. I meant to say standard, I'm not sure what was going through my head that day. At least I got it right when I said i'd rather have a standard Elitist than a standard Gibson. Sorry for the mistake, TS, I'll edit the original post.
Personally, if I saw an Epiphone Elitist in my local guitar shop i'd save up as fast as I could and snatch it before anyone else does. I think there are quite a few people who know about them, but if it's lasted this long already then another month is nothing.