The singer/rhythm guitarist in my band is looking for a new amp to upgrade from her Ibanez TBX (finally, thank God...). She's looking mostly for a good clean channel and nice medium gain tones as well as a good sound for plugging in her electro-acoustic guitar. I've already recommended her these:

Peavey Classic 30 - great, I love my Classic 50 so this seems good, although I'd be worried about having to mix two amps with the same voicing in a band setting
Crate V30 - my friend just got one of these and it sounds great, although not as good as the classic, especially on the clean channel
Fender Hot Rod or Blues Junior - great cleans, but she'll definitely need an OD pedal
Peavey Valveking - would definitely have enough gain so she won't need a pedal, but I still find these a bit overrated

Any other suggestions? Her budget can go up to about $400. I'll tell her to buy used of course.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
umm well I sorta like the Orange rockerverbs I own the rv100. For a Acousitc guitar though yikes! umm well what I would do is get a hi-gain amp, and then get tube pre-amp. Bi-pass the hi-gain features your good to go. Its always nice to have a hi-gain amp though incase you decide to get a tad heavier. Besides what you really want is versatility.
Rockerverbs are nice, but overpriced. And acoustic guitars sound nice through the clean channel of a good amp, although eventually she'll probably get a good DI box.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

why don't people like the drive channel on fender hotrods? i think it's fine the way it is and unique. anyway, i think the hotrod would be a great choice
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by spiff389
why don't people like the drive channel on fender hotrods? i think it's fine the way it is and unique. anyway, i think the hotrod would be a great choice

^It's a tad muddy, but I agree. It's not bad if you EQ it right.

And I still have to try a 333XL, every video I've seen has been amazing. She has a job, I'll see if she can put more money forward.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣