I have a Squire stratocaster, an average "Stop Dreaming, Start Playing" Bullcrap strat, and I am too cheap to get a real FENDER strat. I was thinking to get a new neck. I don't know if there is any sort of sizes for necks or anything like that, and I was thinking about getting a Tele neck because there so good. I was hoping someone would inform me on what I should get, I looked at the "specs" on Squire . com, and here's the neck info if needed:
Neck
Maple
C Shape
22 Medium Jumbo Frets

Fingerboard
Rosewood
9.5” Radius (241 mm)

if there is anything else needed, just post as usuall.

ps: remember this is my first guitar, altho I can say I am not a noob at PLAYING, I am a noob at GUITAR TECH.
If you absolutely have to have a new neck, it's gonna cost you about half the price of a MIM strat or tele. Look on warmoth.com, though, but I really recommend against it. Try a MIM Strat, you'll realize how much better it is than your squire.

EDIT: You're looking at $160 with no finish, frets, nut, or anything included. I'd really say get the MIM, they're honestly worth the money to upgrade.

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/necks/necks.cfm?fuseaction=tele_warmothpro

Last edited by irishstang_87 at Nov 13, 2008,
Quote by willwelsh816
I have a Squire stratocaster, an average "Stop Dreaming, Start Playing" Bullcrap strat, and I am too cheap to get a real FENDER strat. I was thinking to get a new neck. I don't know if there is any sort of sizes for necks or anything like that, and I was thinking about getting a Tele neck because there so good. I was hoping someone would inform me on what I should get, I looked at the "specs" on Squire . com, and here's the neck info if needed:
Neck
Maple
C Shape
22 Medium Jumbo Frets

Fingerboard
Rosewood
9.5” Radius (241 mm)

if there is anything else needed, just post as usuall.

ps: remember this is my first guitar, altho I can say I am not a noob at PLAYING, I am a noob at GUITAR TECH.
Buy a used Fender Strat neck from evilBay. It will fit your Squier's neck pocket. If you're patient you can snag a nice one for $90 shipped.

Also,

I put a warmoth neck on my squier. I plays and sounds wonderful...

However, the neck required a fret level and dressing, the rosewood was much thicker then the stock neck. The fret were(according to my tech) popping out as he straighten the neck to level and dress it.

The neck wood work is great, the fret wrok not so great. I wouldn't do it again.
Might Mite necks are decent fender licensed necks - I've bought a couple now, one for a Tele and one for a Strat, my only complaint would be the V profiled neck could have had the ends of the frets finished better - other than that, they are great quality, and cheap enough on ebay.
You wont just drop a tele neck into a strat. Not sure the issue with warmoth necks. I have bought 2 both no problems. Both only got the lightest of fret dressing probably could have played fine with out it. But a warmoth neck is almost the cost of a squire. I wouldnt BUY a new neck for a squire but I did put one I had gathering dust on a squire. You could also spend the money you would spend on a neck on the tools for fret work and get some experience at doing frets.