i got a prs custom 22 yesterday.

sounds great, looks great and feels great.

only thing is that it doesnt seem to stay in tune well at all. any idea why this is so? doubt its a fault with the guitar but what can i do to fix it?
Did you put new strings on it? If you replaced them, or if the tech replaced them before you bought it, they're probably just stretching out. If it continues longer than a week, then it could be your tuners.

BTW, Congrats, I would love to have a PRS
Are they fresh strings?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I would also look at the tuning peg, to see that the string is wrapped at least 3 times. If it doesn't, then you can get the same issue with keeping in tune.
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
Idk...My PRS does that too SOMETIMES. Like out of the blue the G will just drop a quarter step. It used to do it all the time, but I got it set up. Now it only does it on rare occasions.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
no. they are old strings. would this be a problem? what about it not having a set up? could that be part of the problem?

btw my avatar is the headstock
Could be that they're just too old. Try replacing the strings, and give them a few days to stretch out. Also, if you're not comfortable doing a setup yourself, definitely take it to a tech and get a full setup done.
If it is becoming a problem, don't talk to us. Talk to PRS.

They are more than happy to deal with such a thing.
Quote by irishstang_87
Could be that they're just too old. Try replacing the strings, and give them a few days to stretch out. Also, if you're not comfortable doing a setup yourself, definitely take it to a tech and get a full setup done.

that was my plan. i just dont know whether something else that i dont know about is the cause of the problem. (seeing that i dont know this guitar like the back of my hand just yet)
Quote by no_thing101
that was my plan. i just dont know whether something else that i dont know about is the cause of the problem. (seeing that i dont know this guitar like the back of my hand just yet)

Yeah, it could possibly be something else, but you've gotta eliminate the simplest things first

yeah il try that first.

any other ideas/opinions are wecome.

gaah i am itching to play it....
Last edited by no_thing101 at Nov 13, 2008,
Quote by no_thing101
yeah il try that first.

any other ideas/opinions are wecome.

gaah i am itching to play it....

I'd also suggest that it could be the nut 'catching' the strings. Try some GHS graphitALL lube where the strings go through the nut & that might fix it.

Change your strings while you're at it too!

Yea try replacing the old strings if all else get some new tuning pegs from guitar center there a breeze to put in!
Quote by youngncy
Yea try replacing the old strings if all else get some new tuning pegs from guitar center there a breeze to put in!

This won't do anything. These guitars come with high-quality locking tuners. Can't get much better.
Quote by Dakk
I'd also suggest that it could be the nut 'catching' the strings. Try some GHS graphitALL lube where the strings go through the nut & that might fix it.

Change your strings while you're at it too!

the nut is supposedly 'self lubricating'