Page 1 of 2
First of all, this can be moved to pop-punk if it has to be, I wasn't really sure where to put it.

Does anyone know what the Descendents are doing now? They haven't updated anything in ages, and I haven't heard anything.

So anyone know what's up? Are they "on hiatus"? Are they planning a new album/tour?
I don't know if they're going to be doing anything for awhile... Milo is still hiding in his laboratory, and I think Karl and Bill are doing stuff with the Lemonheads: a tour until Dec. 22nd, and then working on a new album.

Apart from that... not much news.
Nothing coming from them in a while. Milo's studying corn DNA.
brnh.bandcamp.com
^That's bad ass
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
descendents....... god i ****ing hate that band. that milo guy is such a friggin little geek
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
^You, my friend, have no idea what you're talking about
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I called you "my friend".

I honestly didn't think it was possible not to like them
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

i don't care for them either...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Since when have people not liked the Descendents? I find this disgusting. What kinda sickos are they letting on this website?
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by Mav-16
descendents....... god i ****ing hate that band. that milo guy is such a friggin little geek

*whistle sound blows over head*

EDIT: I'm surprised so many people dislike the Descendents in the forums now. I always considered them one of my favs.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
i've got a question pertaining to the song "I'm not a loser", please tell me i'm misunderstanding the context of these lines:
Your pants are too tight
You ****ing homo
You suck, Mr. Butt****
You don't belong here
Go away you ****ing gay
I'm not a loser

is he saying that? or is it supposed to be what the people that call him a loser say to him? that's one of the few things that put me off of the descendents.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by Ska Wars
i've got a question pertaining to the song "I'm not a loser", please tell me i'm misunderstanding the context of these lines:

is he saying that? or is it supposed to be what the people that call him a loser say to him? that's one of the few things that put me off of the descendents.
I'm pretty sure Milo is quoting what has been said to him. I don't think it's them being homophobic
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I would just like to say That I do not hate the Descendents...

Bill Stevenson's beard is soooo manly....
Quote by element4433
I'm pretty sure Milo is quoting what has been said to him. I don't think it's them being homophobic

Either way, I don't like how most of their songs are horribly catchy and too poppy, but then they have some cool punkier(?) songs like "I Like Food" or "Suburban Home". It makes it hard for me to listen to their albums...
Quote by devourthekitten
Either way, I don't like how most of their songs are horribly catchy and too poppy, but then they have some cool punkier(?) songs like "I Like Food" or "Suburban Home". It makes it hard for me to listen to their albums...
I love catchyness and poppy songs. I think they do a good mix of poppyness and punkyness.

I like the amount of "e" sounds I got to make in this post
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
I love catchyness and poppy songs. I think they do a good mix of poppyness and punkyness.

I like the amount of "e" sounds I got to make in this post

Well, I like poppyness, but some of it is just too poppy, and I prefer poppyness with punkyness. That's why I don't like songs like "Sour Grapes" or "Bikeage"...
I love the Descendents, they're probably my favorite pop-punk band. I don't think they've got anything planned as far as an album or a tour, there's nothing about either on their myspace or website. And I must say, I think it's pretty badass that milo is studying corn DNA.
Wow, I had no idea that there were actually people here who didn't like the Descendents. I always thought they were one of those bands that everybody liked, like the Ramones or the Stooges (not soundwise, just the fact that everyone here likes them).
Quote by hardrock1315
Wow, I had no idea that there were actually people here who didn't like the Descendents. I always thought they were one of those bands that everybody liked, like the Ramones or the Stooges (not soundwise, just the fact that everyone here likes them).

+1
nope, don't like em...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

Quote by hardrock1315

The Descendents are light-years away from the level of those bands. Even of you do like them..
Quote by Mind Riot
The Descendents are light-years away from the level of those bands. Even of you do like them..
I disagree, they are pop punk/melodic hardcore legends
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
I disagree, they are a pop punk/melodic hardcore band

changed if for ya...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

I really enjoy the Descendents, It's just good stuff. I guess my favourite song is I Am the One.
I ordered "Milo Goes to College" on vinyl today. Shame is, I don't actually have a record player yet. I should by the end of this weekend.
brnh.bandcamp.com
I think Suburban home has some of the best lyrics ever, gotta love the descendents
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
I've been listening to a lot of Descendents recently, from Milo Goes to College to their side of Live Plus One and Cool To Be You and such. Well, in my unsuccessful search to find the ALL side of Live Plus One, I wanted to get some recommendations for some of their albums. I'm assuming it's like Descendents more than anything, given that they share 3 common members, but there's nothing wrong with more of that.

So, throw me some suggestions to any of you who are fans of both bands.
Everything Sucks is good.
All is good.
I recommend all of them really. They are all good. Everything Sucks especially.
Recommendation thread
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Did you guys hear that one of the members died recently?

I forget which one because I'm not familiar with the Descendents. The guitarist, I think?
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Frank Navetta who played guitar.

Tis sad
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Wow as previously stated - a lot- I was not suspecting the Descendants hate. Definitely in my opinion one of the best bands, however I was told they said they were through because they "didn't want to be like the stones" (referring to the rolling stones for some of you out there).
The reason this hasn't been moved to the pop punk forum is yet an other example why the pop punk forum fails at life.
Quote by ArsonAarin
"didn't want to be like the stones" (referring to the rolling stones for some of you out there).
Thanks, no one in the punk forum knows who the Rollings Stones are. Good thing you're here to educate us.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Page 1 of 2