Page 1 of 2
I was just wondering if there were any well known musicians out there that have one time served or are currently serving in any branch of any military.
Maynard from Tool and APC was in the army
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it alot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.
Last edited by geeve420 at Nov 13, 2008,
Sorry for the quick double post, Johnny Cash was in the service as well
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it alot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Jari Maenpaa served in the Finnish military for a bit.

Jari is my hero.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by //ANDREW\\
i think i read John Lennon did...

Nah as a 10 year old kid he was in a "cadet corp", basically the equivalent of Boy scouts..but with the goal of getting the kids to join the military at age 18. Lennon never did join the military however. He left the cadets at 11 I believe?
Johnny Cash did
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
Quite a few tuba/euphonium players. And trumpet players. And of course as soon as I said this I can't think to name a single one. God dammit.
Quote by archangels666
Find me someone who doesn't do that and I'll show you a man humping a hippopotamus.

Quote by Vigilantius
High chairs are for little girls. My kids eat gravel off of bare concrete.

Quote by //ANDREW\\
i think i read John Lennon did...

Just because he's like my favorite person ever, I must point out he didn't serve in the military. I think he got his army jacket from the movie he was in, How I Won The War
Quote by madbasslover
If I'm not mistaken, Finland's military has a mandatory tour of duty for all males, so any musician from Finland has done a year or two in the military.

Same goes for Russia.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
With Elvis/Cash/Presley- one must also remember they were conscripted or forced into it via criminal problems. None of them joined because they wanted to. They simply were forced to do it like most other adult males 18-45, and did because it helped boost their careers in the case of Elvis, and in the case of Hendrix it introduced him to Billy Cox who would become a lifelong friend and future bandmate.
One of greatest and most skilled drummer ever, Mike Mangini, played for Steve Vai before, was one of the programmers for the Patriot Missile Launch Protocol, not really defence force, more of a millitary intelligence.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
the old bassist for filter is currently in the army. last i heard he was in iraq
Quote by CTFOD
Ledger as the Joker had oceans of charisma, like Jesus or Hitler.
^^ ahahahahaha. ROFL !!! I fell off the chair reading that one!!!
Quote by tobysaurus
I got an erection once, it was lovely.

Quote by werty22
I BELIEVE THE JONAS BROHTERS WERE IN THE MILITARY I COULD BE WRONG THOUGH

No, you're mistaken. They were in the navy.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
The guys from H.I.M., It was required in Finland.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
buckethead fough in iraq because he saw insurgents burn down a KFC on tv
^I S*** you not compadre!

Quote by Explorerpro
You Sir, Are Made Of Win.

Quote by El Hilliaro
Wow TS, this is a seriously great, original idea.

Anyway, I'm off, for some reason I have the strongest urge to listen to The Ramones.
Are you serious ??? Those fags in the military ? Didnt they chip their nails and cry ???
Quote by tobysaurus
I got an erection once, it was lovely.

Me...Sorta.I'm in the cadets (it's actually a bit more than the boy scouts....we get guns...sometimes).And I play in a couple of bands.So sorta like an ametuer version of both of them.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
hedrix elvis clapton
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Hendrix was a paratrooper.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
sorry clapton didnt i was thinking of his dad
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by captaincrunk
A few members of three doors down were in the military. maybe i'm crazy but i remember an article and i thought they were for some reason. google it?

I know the bigger guitarist was. I'm not sure about the rest of them.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by FuZzY(aus)
sorry clapton didnt i was thinking of his dad

I was gonna say...
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
When Jim Morrison went for his military examination, he took a whole bunch of drugs before hand so he'd fail all the physical tests, told them that he was a homosexual, and that if they sent him to the war they'd be the sorriest mother****ers on the planet.

Gotta love the Lizard King.
Paul Gilbert

Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat

Page 1 of 2