i havent got pick ups or anything for it yet, and i know its in no way original, but theres gotta be some fans out there thatd want it right??

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/1/l_b01c47631cd64a91afc1c951cd101659.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/5/l_7f992291ea6d4020af5a96f3fed21540.jpg

so, im gonna go to the guitar center saturday, and check out some pickups, or maybe just one. i was gonna go with the red white and black one, but i got too lazy to do the red. so i might just install one pick up like his, but have that broken pickguard, or just get a new pickguard and get all 3 pick ups, or just get one and leave the other 2 empty.

but how much you think i can get for it if i put pretty good, or decent pick ups in it? off ebay or something.
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass
B (Fender Strat Knock off)

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
what guitar was it before the paint job ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
what guitar was it before the paint job ?

it was a B. yeah....it just had a B in fancy writing on the head...cheapo...but still
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
Fans that would want it?

Why would there be fans of some guitar with stripes all over it? It isn't anything like EVH's, if that is what you mean.

Anyone smart who looks at it will know you can't tell if you like a guitar until you play it. Therefore, they will value it on parts alone...

Maybe $300 with good pickups and a better buffing job.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
Fans that would want it?

Why would there be fans of some guitar with stripes all over it? It isn't anything like EVH's, if that is what you mean.

Anyone smart who looks at it will know you can't tell if you like a guitar until you play it. Therefore, they will value it on parts alone...

Maybe $300 with good pickups and a better buffing job.

wow...seriously, with my already expectations, and your...whateverness, i thought you were gonna say something real cheap. 300 is good though.

and hows it not like van halens? i know the head isnt painted, and the pickguard isnt broken, but all that wasnt...i dunno. its in inspiration. yeah. but trust me. ive seen alot worse. i think mines the best, non professional, IVE seen. not ever, but just out of the ones ive seen.
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
Quote by PiMpPiStOl
it was a B. yeah....it just had a B in fancy writing on the head...cheapo...but still

that b stands for bridgecraft i believe. i'd say you could get like $125 if you're really lucky, put really nice pickups in and it plays well. putting a black pickguard on it would look nice, maybe do an HH setup or HSH.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Last edited by mikeyElite at Nov 13, 2008,
Quote by PiMpPiStOl
wow...seriously, with my already expectations, and your...whateverness, i thought you were gonna say something real cheap. 300 is good though.

and hows it not like van halens? i know the head isnt painted, and the pickguard isnt broken, but all that wasnt...i dunno. its in inspiration. yeah. but trust me. ive seen alot worse. i think mines the best, non professional, IVE seen. not ever, but just out of the ones ive seen.

Yeah, and my yamaha strat knock off is just like Jimi Hendrix's...

My buddies Les Paul is almost the same as Slash's come to think of it...

EVH's guitar:

Your guitar:

What I mean when I say $300, is with $250 worth of hardware.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
I thought you meant the Frankenstrat .

My thoughts of $300 with about $250 in hardware still stands.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
I'd say about 200 dollars, with about 400 in hardware.

what you don't realize is that once that guitar leaves the store in your hands, it's resale value goes down to approx. 50%.

from there, repainting will pretty much kill anything that's left of that.

If you spend 400 dollars on this guitar to make it play well, you'd be better off
a) keeping it for yourself and playing it
b) investing the 400 into another guitar.

hell, even 200 in another guitar would be a better choice.

No matter how much you polish a turd, there's still gonna be a lump of shit in your hands.

sorry bud.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
No matter how much you polish a turd, there's still gonna be a lump of shit in your hands.
This. ^

TS, put some strings on it, just to see how playable it is.

Adjust the relief, string height and intonation.

does it play well?
are there buzzing or dead fret positions?
does the tuning drift?

if it's a good player, just by some pickups or even a wired pickguard from GFS or another inexpensive vendor.

if it plays poorly, all you lost was a set of strings.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
This. ^

TS, put some strings on it, just to see how playable it is.

Adjust the relief, string height and intonation.

does it play well?
are there buzzing or dead fret positions?
does the tuning drift?

if it's a good player, just by some pickups or even a wired pickguard from GFS or another inexpensive vendor.

if it plays poorly, all you lost was a set of strings.

thats a good idea. but when i played it before i tore it apart, it played fine. only detuned when i was going crazy on the whammy bar. but ill have to check again prolly. and yeah, i prolly should check out a wired pickguard
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp
by prolly you mean probably?

And the only similarities between yours and the originals is that there both white with black stripes. The lines aren't very accurate and its not reliced? Also the fretboard on yours is rosewood, the original: maple....

Also it looks like its been used a fair bit, the fretboard looks a bit.. used.
Quote by guitarcam123
that's what i mean when i say that, so that's prolly what he means.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by guitarcam123

And the only similarities between yours and the originals is that there both white with black stripes. The lines aren't very accurate and its not reliced? Also the fretboard on yours is rosewood, the original: maple....

Also it looks like its been used a fair bit, the fretboard looks a bit.. used.

yeah i mean probably.

umm, i pretty much copied the lines. i mean, the lower lines are a bit too thick. the ones on the bottom of the guitar. or than that, most of the lines are just like that one. so, i dunno. and whats reliced? and i cant really do much about the fretboard.

ill just start mashing the strings on the board and make it look used, or just not bother with it and let whoever gets it, if i dont keep it, wear it out.
My Stuff:

Alvarez acoustic guitar
Peavey Rotor-EXP
BC RICH Warlock Bass

Johnson amp
Line 6 Spider III amp
Randall RG-300 Head Amp