Page 1 of 2
Hey people!

My school wants me to start thinking of a senior quote to go into the yearbook. I already have a couple ideas, but they aren't concrete yet. I don't know if I should go with something original or famous. I'll get to the choice eventually.

So what are some of The Pit's favorite quotes? They don't have to be senior quote appropriate either. I just want to hear what's out there.
"I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our Island home, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.

At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of His Majesty's Government-every man of them. That is the will of Parliament and the nation.

The British Empire and the French Republic, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France,
we shall fight on the seas and oceans,
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight on the beaches,
we shall fight on the landing grounds,
we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
we shall fight in the hills;
we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old."
Put a Chuck Norris fact in there, it'll be ROFLtastic.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
dude I'm a senior class officer to and we need to find ours soon as well. I was thinking about posting here about it too
but i have no ideas
see my sig.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by jmilli2
"I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our Island home, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.

At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of His Majesty's Government-every man of them. That is the will of Parliament and the nation.

The British Empire and the French Republic, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail.

we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,
we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old."

That shit was hardcore.

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Put a Chuck Norris fact in there, it'll be ROFLtastic.

That's one of the decisions I'm trying to make: something funny or something serious.
Quote by kaosxrocker
see my sig.

That was the first quote I considered. I just hope no one else at my school wants to use it.

EDIT: Oops. Double post.
Quote by thecoolestninja
That's one of the decisions I'm trying to make: something funny or something serious.

See if you can somehow do both, that'd be coooool.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Practice like you are the worst, Play like you are the best.
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Quote by thecoolestninja
That was the first quote I considered. I just hope no one else at my school wants to use it.

EDIT: Oops. Double post.

unless someone else reads these, i dont think they will
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by skeptopotamus
"Is this really all the space I get to define myself??"

Win.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
"I may disagree with your opinion, but will fight to the death to defend it" - Voltaire

Or words to that effect, i can't remember exactly.

I think that respect for one's opinions is paramount in any forum in which arguments/discussion may take place.
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
Quote by jmilli2

*aces high starts*
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by jmilli2

- Winston Churchill. Best Briton ever.
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

"In the land of the blind, the one eye'd man is King"

"Arrogance, Is a kingdon without a crown"

"In the absence of light, darkness prevails"

Three cool quotes, i have the details of who and when but i can't be bothered to get them.
There also the names to 3 of my bands songs.
Quote by A8039077
- Winston Churchill. Best Briton ever.

No...

Jack Churchill - best Briton ever

'Churchill infiltrated the town with only a corporal in support. He kidnapped a sentry and forced him to make his comrades surrender. Churchill and the riflemen walked out of town with 42 prisoners and a mortar squad.'

He went into battle with bagpipes, a bow and arrow and a sword during WW2 lol.
Quote by jmilli2
No...

Jack Churchill - best Briton ever

'Churchill infiltrated the town with only a corporal in support. He kidnapped a sentry and forced him to make his comrades surrender. Churchill and the riflemen walked out of town with 42 prisoners and a mortar squad.'

He went into battle with bagpipes, a bow and arrow and a sword during WW2 lol.

Honourable as that is, i stand by what i said. The words of Winston Churchill inspired and motivated millions of Britons to not give up on hope during our darkest hour. Only people with the empathy to lead and such oratory skills can truly motivate and inspire. Despite what i have said in another thread, The allied response to the tyranny of the Axis Powers is the only time in history that i've seen a violent response necessary - and even before WW2 it could have been prevented (Chamberlain's appeasment of Hitler, remilitarization of the Rhineland in 1933 etc).

During WW2 (and other wars), there have been many, many heroes, but none hold my respect as much as Winston Churchill.
Quote by dudius

"quotes are stupid"

"May god have mercy on my enemies, cause i won't" Gen Patton
"Life is like a permanent limp-dick with occasional blowjob" - Lars Ulrich
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
One of my favorites:

"And if the rain stopped and everything was dry, she would cry just so I could drink the tears from her eyes."

-The Coolest by Lupe Fiasco
did you see the sign on my lawn that said dead ****** storage - Quentin Taratino in Pulp Fiction

if mankind doesnt put an end to war, war will put and end to mankind - JFK

i kid you not, Hitler had one testicle - my history teacher
^ whats really funny about that is that every other sentence he says starts with "i kid you not"
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Mine was, " [Enter inspirational quote here]"
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by A8039077
"I may disagree with your opinion, but will fight to the death to defend it" - Voltaire

Or words to that effect, i can't remember exactly.

I think that respect for one's opinions is paramount in any forum in which arguments/discussion may take place.

I'm seeing you everywhere tonight haha. And I kinda like it. You're decently intelligent What the hell are you doing on UG?

"Never take life seriously, no one gets out alive anyway."
"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people"
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by x_thurston_x

I'm seeing you everywhere tonight haha. And I kinda like it. You're decently intelligent What the hell are you doing on UG?

Thank you.

And i drank too many alcopops tonight. I'm sober but the sugar is keeping me up. Damn cheap offers... :-(
Quote by dudius

"My balls!!!! They be itching!!!!"

"I write this with a sad heart and a raging erection..."
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
"Alligators are angry cause they've got all them teeth and no tooth brush."- Bobby Bucshe
Cocaine is God's way of saying you're making too much money. --Robin Williams

The biggest misconception people have about me is that I'm stupid.
- - Billy Idol

Man who fart in church sit in own pew.

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao Tse Tung

"Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but it’s not true. I have the heart of a young boy in a jar on my desk" -Stephen King

"Ya gots to work with what you gots to work with". - Stevie Wonder

"I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him." - Harrison Ford

I believe in the brotherhood of man, all men, but I don't believe in brotherhood with anybody who doesn't want brotherhood with me. I believe in treating people right, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to treat somebody right who doesn't know how to return the treatment. --Malcolm X
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
"Time heals all things. ... .... Except aids. So just be ****in glad you dont have aids."

EDIT: - My buddy Mikey.
Life Sucks. Get over it.
Last edited by Bdotnert at Nov 15, 2008,
Quote by Time Seller
Life's a bitch, and then you die.

Pogues?
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Page 1 of 2