I really need some new earbuds because the cord on my old ones are going bad. My last two pairs have been Skull Candy Ink'd and I really like the fit and sound but each only lasted for about 4 months so I want something that's a little more durable. Suggestions for under $50 please? Anyone know if the Skull Candy Smokin' buds are any good?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Nov 13, 2008,
Quote by skeptopotamus
no such thing.

+1

earbuds suck, get some good Sennhieser headpones.

and everything Skullcandy makes is overpriced garbage for trend whores.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
+1

earbuds suck, get some good Sennhieser headpones.

and everything Skullcandy makes is overpriced garbage for trend *****s.

There's a reason I asked specifically for earbuds. I have a decent pair of Sony cans but I'm not exactly going to walk around school or go snowboarding with them.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
There's a reason I asked specifically for earbuds. I have a decent pair of Sony cans but I'm not exactly going to walk around school or go snowboarding with them.

theres absolutely no point to listening to music with earbuds unless you are completely tone deaf.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
theres absolutely no point to listening to music with earbuds unless you are completely tone deaf.

And there's no point in you posting unless you have beneficial information for me.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by soul_power
And there's no point in you posting unless you have beneficial information for me.

Pwned.

Simply.

Pwned.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by soul_power

I did give you beneficial information, here I'll repeat it: Don't ever waste money on earbuds, for anything, ever.

I walk around and do stuff with headphones all the time.

Quote by YourDad
Pwned.

Simply.

Pwned.

umm no, and GTFO, n00b.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I did give you beneficial information, here I'll repeat it: Don't ever waste money on earbuds, for anything, ever.

I walk around and do stuff with headphones all the time.

I'll spend my money on whatever the hell I want. I know you're entitled to your free speech but I'm entitled to listen to my music however the **** I want so kindly **** off.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
ok then, but seriously, you aren't going to get suggestions for good earbuds, because they simply don't exist.

Last.fm
I don't get the problem with earbud headphones. I heart the noise cancelling ones. They don't fall off, and you can run around.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by itchy guitar

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by YourDad
I don't get the problem with earbud headphones. .

they have almost no bass response, they sound overly tinny and they are all really low quality, these problems are very glaring and obvious.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
they have almost no bass response, they sound overly tinny and they are all really low quality, these problems are very glaring and obvious.

Granted there's shit tons of better quality earphones out there, but I listen to my music in school a lot and when I'm biking. I'm not gonna have huge headphones on my head while doing so.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by itchy guitar

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by YourDad
Granted there's shit tons of better quality earphones out there, but I listen to my music in school a lot and when I'm biking. I'm not gonna have huge headphones on my head while doing so.

My point exactly.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by YourDad

why not? I know a lot of people (including myself) that do that. even the smaller compact headphones are miles better than earbuds.

I fail to see the point of listening to music that sounds like absolute ass due to bad equipment.

Last.fm
Kid_Thorazine, you realize this is the internet? You seriously need to get a life. Your whole recurring "trend" logic is incredibly stupid. You're following a trend for using the internet, playing guitar, listening to the music you like, wearing the clothes you wear. We are creatures of fads and trends, so get the **** over it and live your life.

I'm not sure how good they are comparatively (to other buds like skullcandy), but I got bose earbuds for free, and they kick the shit out of my iPod headphones.

EDIT: ^^^Look, you're following a trend with the big headphones. But seriously, just get the **** out of this thread before you make yourself out to be more of a jerk.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Last edited by Gibson06 at Nov 13, 2008,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
why not? I know a lot of people (including myself) that do that. even the smaller compact headphones are miles better than earbuds.

I fail to see the point of listening to music that sounds like absolute ass due to bad equipment.

It doesn't really sound as bad as you make it out to be. Trust me, I'm not tone def either. I will never get an MG or Spyder. That should prove my point just a tad bit.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by itchy guitar

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by Gibson06
Kid_Thorazine, you realize this is the internet? You seriously need to get a life. Your whole recurring "trend" logic is incredibly stupid. You're following a trend for using the internet, playing guitar, listening to the music you like, wearing the close you wear. We are creatures of fads and trends, so get the **** over it and live your life.

I'm not sure how good they are comparatively (to other buds like skullcandy), but I got bose earbuds for free, and they kick the shit out of my iPod headphones.

EDIT: ^^^Look, you're following a trend with the big headphones.

WTF are you talking about, I only mentioned trends once, and that was those skullcandy things, and only because even with earbuds you can get better ones cheaper.

my other argument is based around the fact that earbuds suck due to their terrible sound quality.

Quote by YourDad
It doesn't really sound as bad as you make it out to be. Trust me, I'm not tone def either. I will never get an MG or Spyder. That should prove my point just a tad bit.

I've used earbuds several times, very well made ones, and yes it is that bad.

Last.fm
You're gonna have to spend more than 50 bucks for really good ones. I've had my Etymotic Research ER-6's for about 6 months, best earphones ever for the price. And to people saying headphones are better, well maybe, but at least we don't look like ****ing douchebags when we listen to our music.
I use the skull candy ones that come in like, the jamacan colors, I can't remember the model but they're the only ones I saw in those colors and yeah. And, you can get good bass out of them if you're using a good quality cd/mp3 player that either has bass boost or an eq. also it's helpful to use the bigger silicone things so they're held in your ear tighter, that makes the bass stronger also
Quote by t_heff
10 points to anyone who can come up with a good way to mock jesus
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
WTF are you talking about, I only mentioned trends once, and that was those skullcandy things, and only because even with earbuds you can get better ones cheaper.

my other argument is based around the fact that earbuds suck due to their terrible sound quality.

Neat. You've made your mark about your position on earbuds... and CLEARLY the TS has a totally new point of view about it. Mission accomplished, now go flex your muscles in front of a mirror and boost that self esteem a bit more.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by Gibson06
Neat. You've made your mark about your position on earbuds... and CLEARLY the TS has a totally new point of view about it. Mission accomplished, now go flex your muscles in front of a mirror and boost that self esteem a bit more.

dude WTF are you talking about? I try to help the dude and he tells me to fuck off and i'm being a jerk?

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
dude WTF are you talking about?

I'm saying: Nobody cares about your opinion, clearly, and you're making yourself look like a prick for staying in this thread and being negative.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by Freddedonna
You're gonna have to spend more than 50 bucks for really good ones. I've had my Etymotic Research ER-6's for about 6 months, best earphones ever for the price. And to people saying headphones are better, well maybe, but at least we don't look like ****ing douchebags when we listen to our music.

Well the budget can be stretched, I'm just cheap . I was actually looking at these http://www.futuresonics.com/atrio/ earlier but I really don't want to spend that much.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
dude WTF are you talking about? I try to help the dude and he tells me to fuck off and i'm being a jerk?

I think I clearly pointed out that your help isn't the help I was looking for hence why I told you to **** off, then you said something like "Okay but (bitch moan complain)" which makes me wonder why you're still here.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
if you kids cant play nice, im not letting you play at all.

if you dont have a useful answer, dont give one.

he wanted ear buds. there is no point in coming into the thread to tell him they suck. its what he wants, so leave him alone. he didnt ask for opinions on whether or not to get them, he just wanted suggestions for what kind to get.