what does everyone think about 4 chellos covering metal? i think the idea is way out there, but i have a lot good bit of classical background so i wanted to see what others thought.

-Exavior
I really like it.
Quote by RocknRollRay
If you make a clone of yourself, then have sex with yourself,

Is it incest or masturbation?
Quote by wtf290
It's not incest, but it's not masturbation.
It'd be closer to incest than masturbation, but I don't think there's a word for it.
Quote by ScottElwood
Incesturbation?
I think it's pretty cool. Metallica's songs sound perfect on classical instruments, like they were written for them. I've listened to some orchestral arrangements of some of their songs and it's pretty amazing. Apocalypta's pretty good too, although I like it better with a full orchestra instead of just three cellos.
Quote by alcoholicpanda
Depression?

Kill it with Lysol.

Quote by i_killed_bill
Some guy in a striped sweater stole all my hamburgers. **** was soooo not cash
Yeah, I really like the idea. They can really play. I love their Metallica covers.
They're way underplayed.
~
I'm lost, so lost, I'm lost without you...
Covering Metallica songs on strings was a shit choice. I would have gone for a string quartet Sodom cover band.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
is this really supposed to be here?
Its more along the lines of a talented version of AFI
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
Quote by Sheepbane
is this really supposed to be here?
Its more along the lines of a talented version of AFI

They play metal??? I don't know if they are sposta be here... but why not they play metal songs...
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
on Apocalyptica and Worlds Collide they play metal, so ya i guess it would go here. theyre kickass
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
i put it here because i dont give a shit what anybody in any other genre would say, truthfully.

-Exavior
Apocalyptica are basically a cover band of all metal band (meainly Metallica). But as long as they keep the cellos heavy they seem alright.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=431145

Call me clique, but I hate how they're gettting popular. I can't help but feel that they have sold out a bit, with suddenly making an album using a ton of guest singers. And they're mostly more pop-ish singer, (i.e. Adam Gontier of Three Days Grace.) But I mean, I still like them so it's all good.
Great band, love some of their stuff, but, that song with Corey Taylor is waaaay overplayed

Also, seen 'em live. Pretty good concert.
Well, i enjoy listening to a classical music but cellos are not my thing.
Watch the guys on youtube covering Metallica on piano, now that imho owns Apocalyptica
All I have is Apocalyptica Plays Metallica By Four Cellos but I think they managed to make some beatiful and interesting tunes out of the old Metallica shit. And it's great fuckin' entertainment to sing along to such classic as "One" and "Seek & Destroy" at their live shows in finnish summer festivals.