OK brainy guitarists I just want to know if this is correct

Find the volume of the region created between y=x^2 and y=x about the x-axis using the shell method
I got-------> pi/6

Find the volume of the region created between y=x^2 and y=x about the y-axis using the disk method
I got -------> (2(pi))/15

Should they both be the same?
they wont necessarily be the same but i cant remember well enough how to do it to tell you if those numbers are right
Quote by CTFOD
Ledger as the Joker had oceans of charisma, like Jesus or Hitler.
yes it should. it doesn't matter what method you use because your trying to find the same thing, the volume of the region created between y=x^2 and y=x
I didn't have time to work this out. But I do know that they are not the same. They are the opposite. Basically, the first is the top half (or 3/4 or 5/8... whatever) of y=x^2, and the second one is the bottom half of y=x^2
Gear:
Gibson Explorer (white)
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender SuperSonic 112
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
EHX No.1 Echo
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Quote by LedZepFan2000
OK brainy guitarists I just want to know if this is correct

Find the volume of the region created between y=x^2 and y=x about the x-axis using the shell method
I got-------> pi/6

Find the volume of the region created between y=x^2 and y=x about the y-axis using the disk method
I got -------> (2(pi))/15

Should they both be the same?

Shouldn't it be infinite since Y=X^2 is a continuous function? Or is that only for area?
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
the volumes will not be the same, when you revolve the area between the two curves about either the y axis or the x axis you get a different 3d shape, so they have diff volume.

if it helps, draw a picture of each, and you'll see that they are different