Have you ever had any problems with trading with people on craigslist or kijiji?

I really wanna get a Fender Mustang, but no stores have them right now, I found a 6 month old one on Craigslist for 600$ (like 250$ cheaper than a new one), but I am a little paranoid about meating some random dude with 600$s.
bring someone with you?

or just dont bring the cash with you when you go. keep it in your car or leave it at home so you can test it out. also, you live in montreal. everyone there is just pure awesome, i doubt youd get jumped in your situation
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
tell him/her to meet you at like a supermarket parking lot or some place with people around, during the day.

Edit: I just noticed that by doing what I said you wouldn't be able to test it, so uhm do what the dude on top of me said.
D;
Last edited by ughhhhhhhh at Nov 14, 2008,
Quote by Phillitalian
bring someone with you?

or just dont bring the cash with you when you go. keep it in your car or leave it at home so you can test it out. also, you live in montreal. everyone there is just pure awesome, i doubt youd get jumped in your situation

and how about tips to keep my mom from yelling at me if i decide to buy a guitar from some random dude ?
The only problem I have with Craigslist and Kijiji is that people don't sell what I want to buy.
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.
man up. if your to scared dont do it. Bring a pocket amp or tuner to test it. if your parents dont want you to then that sucks but what you gonna do their your parents. also bring a gun.
Quote by JDizzle787
have your dad come with you.... it's not like you're getting drugs or something.

my dad isn't exactly the type of guy I'd want to bring with me if I wanted to have protection. If I were to bring someone else it would be my brother, or one of my larger friends.

Quote by hot4teacher
man up. if your to scared dont do it. Bring a pocket amp or tuner to test it. if your parents dont want you to then that sucks but what you gonna do their your parents. also bring a gun.

My parents won't/can't stop me from doing it. It's MY money, I worked for it, not them....I just don't wanna argue with them about it for long periods of time.

does anyone know of any stories of people getting ****ed over with kijiji/craigslist though?
Quote by Swap-Meet
and how about tips to keep my mom from yelling at me if i decide to buy a guitar from some random dude ?

lie maybe? but seriously, i dont see why she'd think its bad to buy from a random guy. after all, if you go to a music store and get a guitar there, you're still buying a guitar from a random guy, the only difference is that the guy at the guitar store has a building for his 90+ guitars and amps. if not, tell her its better that you aren't spending your money on guns, drugs, booze, hookers, knives, fast food or ikea furniture that sucks
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Phillitalian
lie maybe? but seriously, i dont see why she'd think its bad to buy from a random guy. after all, if you go to a music store and get a guitar there, you're still buying a guitar from a random guy, the only difference is that the guy at the guitar store has a building for his 90+ guitars and amps. if not, tell her its better that you aren't spending your money on guns, drugs, booze, hookers, knives, fast food or ikea furniture that sucks

haha, my mom buys most of my booze for me :P

but good point.
I bought my '86 Kramer off CL. Turned out the guy knew my dad through work but a different company so it was good. I knew I wasn't going to get jumped. Some people bring 'protection' with them when meeting people from a CL ad. I don't know, use common sense and meet in a public place where there are a lot of people around. Just don't go to some dudes house, unless you don't want to be able to sit down for a week
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Go by the address a day earlier and check out the neighborhood first, and bring 2 guys with you when you go to play it.

Make sure the google the last name and the address to before going to make sure he has no arrest record.

Good Luck!
1999 Gibson LP R9
2006 Tele John Cruz Masterbuilt
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2008 PRS SC-J Thinline Black Cherry/Bigsby (for sale)
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Quote by jcoley2
Go by the address a day earlier and check out the neighborhood first, and bring 2 guys with you when you go to play it.

Make sure the google the last name and the address to before going to make sure he has no arrest record.

Good Luck!

Alright thanks for the good advice, I think i'll probably do this, I can get the guitar for alot cheaper like this, and still have alot of cash left over to buy the big muff, and small clone that I want .