Ok. I was thinking my budget for my first electric was like 400, now i found out i wont be able to get mroe than $300 usd for the guitar itself. I need some recommendations.

I wanna play general rock (three days grace, 3 doors down,) and some bluesy stuff, but the blues is as important cuz i got my acoustic which does fine for that. I want it to sound good (by good, i mean good for the price haha) clean and distorted.

I'll be useing a microcube.

Im open to any suggestions. haha. I was thinking maybe a hss vm squier strat, so i can get blues and rockish stuff. Dont know though. Don't know that many guitars. I know go to gc and try em out, but my gc is a while away so i want some ideas for what to try out.

Thanks
whats your current guitar? a nice amp IS something youd wanna get before a nice guitar. i made that mistake and im stuck with the most horrible tone ever with a fender frontman 15g. it spews AIDS in the form of sound.

anywho, if you are getting a guitar, go with a cheap Ibanez. i like their hardtailed RG and youll find some of them in your price range
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Why not a washburn series used off of Craigslist or Ebay? My accoustic electric from washburn is amazing and I got it for about two hundred used.
1. Upgrade the Microcube.

2. Worry about guitar later.

Seriously, even a crap guitar can sound good through a good amp.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
personally I would suggest taking your time and saving more money, but for that price range ESP makes a few decent guitars.
yeah if you are set on this price range go with an esp viper or something like that
Quote by necrosis1193
1. Upgrade the Microcube.

2. Worry about guitar later.

Seriously, even a crap guitar can sound good through a good amp.

I don't even have the microcube yet, i was just planning on getting it. I only have an acoustic so far haha. This will be my first electric. I can only spend like 150 on anp and 300 on guitar. I really cant just save more unless i wait till christmas 09 to get more money, which i don't really wnat to do.
Quote by Phillitalian
whats your current guitar? a nice amp IS something youd wanna get before a nice guitar. i made that mistake and im stuck with the most horrible tone ever with a fender frontman 15g. it spews AIDS in the form of sound.

HAHA I have the same amp and I couldn't agree more! I will be upgrading ASAP.
Quote by nathanlamb
I don't even have the microcube yet, i was just planning on getting it. I only have an acoustic so far haha. This will be my first electric. I can only spend like 150 on anp and 300 on guitar. I really cant just save more unless i wait till christmas 09 to get more money, which i don't really wnat to do.

Ah. Then try for a Crate V18 112 if the local GC still has them. If not, try looking around, but don't touch the Microcube. As for the guitar, try looking at some used stuff, for about that much you can get a good used beginner/intermediate guitar like an Epi G-400 or a Fender Standard, and have some left over for an even better amp.

Quote by necrosis1193
Ah. Then try for a Crate V18 112 if the local GC still has them. If not, try looking around, but don't touch the Microcube. As for the guitar, try looking at some used stuff, for about that much you can get a good used beginner/intermediate guitar like an Epi G-400 or a Fender Standard, and have some left over for an even better amp.

The only used g400 in my gc, for some reason, between the 7th - 12th fret, on the adgb strings, no notes would make sound. But it was only 250. Just wondered what was wrong with it.
Quote by nathanlamb
The only used g400 in my gc, for some reason, between the 7th - 12th fret, on the adgb strings, no notes would make sound. But it was only 250. Just wondered what was wrong with it.

Try having an expert take a look at it, it could be easily fixable. Don't just buy it and hope it is though, bring it to him or bring him to it to see if it is.