Ok pit, this is my last defense against anihillation here, please dont let me down.

At the moment I'm doing an assignemnt of classifiaction and evoloution, and im making cladograms. To those who dont knwo what they are, it classifies animals on a graph that looks a bit like this.

http://www.wvup.edu/ecrisp/imageC84.JPG

I'm having some trouble classifying a Toad from Turtle, Koala, and Bat (in order)

Is there anyone out there that can help me with traits to help classify these animals.

Remember, the trait must be a characteristic of ALL the animals and not a behavioral pattern.

Please Pit, may you epicness rain down upon me!
backbone?
four limbs?
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Toads and frogs only have one ventricle i do believe.

Not sure about turtles, but the other animals you mention will have two ventricles
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
Last edited by A8039077 at Nov 14, 2008,
(Invalid img)

Above is the table ive used to structure my cladogram, hope that helps.

I've already taken those traits into account
Quote by Drakual
(Invalid img)

Above is the table ive used to structure my cladogram, hope that helps.

I've already taken those traits into account

Can't see it :-(
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

Koalas are marsupials, so their young develop partly outside of the womb. Bats, which are eutherians, develop completely inside the womb.
Quote by bigwillie
CornLord, you just blew my mind.
does it have to be one of the criteria on the diagram or can it be a new one? what about digits on the forelimbs? I have no idea about the turtle, but I think it might be 4 fingers or digits. A bat's are hidden by the skin that makes the wings, but the skeleton has "fingers".
None of them like being shot and/or raped.
Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
sorry...stupid ug doesnt let me upload...the files to big.... ok,

the trait has to seperate the toad from the turtle AND the koala AND the bat....so i need a trait that a turtle, koala, and bat has but a toad that doesnt.

and yes, it can be new trait all together
muscles permitting peristalsis (swallowing)! a toad must use its eyes to push the food down its throat by pushing them inwards through the roof of its mouth! if you press down lightly on a frog or toad's eyes, they will depress into the head and pop back up slowly!

YES!!!
Quote by Drakual

the trait has to seperate the toad from the turtle AND the koala AND the bat....so i need a trait that a turtle, koala, and bat has but a toad that doesnt.

Hmm, turtles swim, koalas climb trees, and bats are airborn. The toad's just stuck on faggoty land. Traits? I don't think so, but an interesting observation? No.
Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
Quote by Drakual

The ventricle thing may cover it i think. I'll wiki it and take a look.
Quote by dudius

You sir, are a god! all hail iforgotairholes!!!

Keep the traits coming though please, this is all a big help.
Quote by A8039077
The ventricle thing may cover it i think. I'll wiki it and take a look.

unfourtunatly, my assignment includes other animals as well, but ive only focused it to these 4... it clashes, sorry.

EDIT: actually u could be on to something, in my notes i've only put "chambers" so i could add that in too!

=D
Last edited by Drakual at Nov 14, 2008,
Well i didn't know you had listed other animals other than the ones you listed, did i?

List the other animals and i'll work with you on this.
Quote by dudius

Animals

Amoeba
Jellyfish
Earthworm
Lamprey
Tuna
Toad
Turtle
Koala
Bat

Traits

Eukaryotic
Organelles
Specialized cells
Multi-cellular
2 way digestive
Circulatory system
Notochord *
Pharyngeal slits*
vertebrae
Endoskeleton
Lungs
Muscular limbs
Copulatory organs
Muscles permitting peristalis
Hair
Live young
Wings
Echolocation

alright its all in order, so just imagine that the animals are going horizontal and the traits are going vertical in excel. first two traits are for all animals, then the next two are for the next 8, etc, untill the last two are only for bat

Is there any problems with this?

edit: ok.....stupid mofo forum setup is anoying
Last edited by Drakual at Nov 14, 2008,
You could separate them by taxonomy, then by their traits? Could make things very simple.
Quote by dudius

I have to stick to this format unfourtunatly, but if theres nothing wrong with the table. I have to talk about each individual animal as well, any ideas on the lamprey, toad, and bat? I needa link them to the animals that i originally had.

This is the last stage of my presentation =)
Well, i would take organelles straight out of that. Prokaryotes and Eukaryotes both have organelles, so it's really not necessary.
Quote by dudius

alright then,

let me take the opportunity to say,

YOU ARE A GOD!
All hail A8039077!

i dont know what would have happened if you guys hadn't helped me out.
I'm very, very tempted to sig that. Indeed i may.

Of course, you do that taxonomy is based upon traits, so technically you have separated them by that

And yeah, remove organelles. Both eukaryotes and prokaryotes have organelles, but have one fundamental difference - eukaryotes have true nuclei, prokaryotes don't, but that is what the words mean anyhow.

Need anymore help with biology, i'm more than happy to help.
Quote by dudius

i didnt relise there was a second page, /facepalm hehe.

Umm i think thats the difficult stuff outa the way, If you feel inclined and have nothing else to do, you can help me look for things about Lamprey and toad =P

ohhh ive been sigged, thats an achievement for me lol

Also, I'm now looking for a way to replace organelles, ideas?
I gave in to my temptation and you got sigged :-P

You could replace organelles with a specific eukaryote organelle. Depending on what level you're studying you may get away with it.

And if you're looking for anything to talk about toads with, look at frog anatomy.
Quote by dudius