I'm thinking of building a cab for a 15" speaker to go along with my 2x12 combo. I just don't have any idea as to what are some good speakers. I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions as to what a good 15" speaker is. I'm not really to concerned with the price as I'm sure they won't really be all that much.

Thanks.....
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Eminence makes some nice speakers. But I'll contribute in another aspect.

With a 2x12, you may like the way it interacts with a 1x18 more than a 1x15. Thefitz uses a 2x12 and 1x15 setup and regrets not getting a 1x18. And also, not to discourage you from making your own cabinet, but it is more than just gluing the wood together and cutting a hole for the speaker. I believe corndoggy built himself a cabinet, maybe you could drop him a PM for some advice on building a cabinet. Just my 2 cents.
Yeah, I've knocked out a few cabs over the years, but a properly tuned bass cabinet is a fair bit of hastle, and nothing I'd venture. If you do decide to do it you'll certainly have to document the whole design and build process and post it on UG.
Whats the difference between using a 15" and a 18" speaker? What kind of differences are they going to create? Also I know it's more than gluing wood together and cutting a hole for the speaker. I've been looking around on how to do it. Seems doable, plus I'm pretty good with wood. Obviously I would get my pops to help out aswell, but I think it can definetly be done for sure.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Last edited by CNC-Digity at Nov 14, 2008,
Peavey Black Widow comes to mind, if you can find one.

The differences in a 115 and 118 aren't going to be as pronounced as, say, a 115 and a 112...it really depends on how the speaker is voiced. They're designed to do pretty much the same thing so either one should be fine.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Nov 14, 2008,