Poll: Should I go get cigarettes nbw?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I go get cigarettes nbw?
Yes, go on the adventure
83 51%
Nah, morning will save you a trip
51 31%
Other (please specify)
28 17%
Voters: 162.
Page 1 of 2
So, UG... I need some personal advice. A simple Yay or Nay will do. I am really feeling like a cigarette right now, but I'm out right now, and don't have a car. My only option is to either wait until tomorrow and get a pack, or walk to a gas station right now (roughly a mile and a half to walk) and get a pack.

Operation "WaitTillMorning" will save me from the cold of an autumn night as I walk alone next to a busy roadway.

Operation "GoGetCigsNow" will probably end up being an adventure of some sort and I will happily have my cigarettes right now.

You decide UG...

(If I wait till morning, my friend will give me a ride up there and we'll hang out all day tomorrow. If not, I hang out with him anyway tomorrow, but have to walk)
Will your adventure involve dragons and wenches? If so, by all means, get the cigarettes.
Get smokes now. I'm craving one too.

I'll make you a deal I'll walk to the liquor store and get smokes which is a walk for me, if you do.
Drink a bottle of nyquil. You'll be good till morning.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
ya.... now 75% of UG is gonna go afk for a smoke break thanks to this post.
Including myself. -.-
Life Sucks. Get over it.
Quote by Bdotnert
Including myself. -.-

or you can do like me and light one right here
If you think walking along a highway for 1.5 miles is going to turn out to be some sort of amazing adventure....by all means go for it. I personally think you're kidding yourself. It seems like you're making excuses just because you can't admit to yourself that cigarettes control you.
ADVENTURE NOW. But we wary, there be orks.

And to make the adventure even more exciting, go naked.
yeah get them now, an thanks prick now im going out for a smoke before i turn in for the nightlol
Quote by Shaepwnsyou
Don't pretend to accidentally put your wang in her anus. That's retarded.
mmmmmmmm im smoking right now actually, i say make the trip cause the more u think about wanting one the more ull go crazy, or smoke some butts like a hobo... OR just go to sleep, then time will fly and itll be morning and smoke ur brains out!
Shredder Guitar wrote:

what the hell "even my chains...."

yeah, we dont wanna hear about your sexual devices, or anything of that matter.
hopefully this gas station is out of cigarettes and it makes for a more epic adventure.

*crosses fingers*
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by agreth_3rd
If you think walking along a highway for 1.5 miles is going to turn out to be some sort of amazing adventure....by all means go for it. I personally think you're kidding yourself. It seems like you're making excuses just because you can't admit to yourself that cigarettes control you.

Oh no, I admit it. I'm pretty much addicted and enjoy smoking regularly (not a pack a day or anything, but maybe 2 or 3 a day for leisure).

I've actually been on many adventurous walks by myself, but never on this route and never strictly for cigarettes.
Quote by Bdotnert
Including myself. -.-

wow i haven't seening "afk" used since i stoped playing diablo 2 when i was like 14. ahhh the memories...
Just go get them. You know you want to. I just finished one... It was great..

btw, octavarium: +107 arbitrary points for your opeth avatar.
"I am a remnant of the Forever Origin"

"The forest of October sleeps silent when I depart
The web of time hides my last trace
My blaze travel the last universe
Like the sights of magic
Wrapped in aeons
My mind is one with my soul"
Quote by MannersBad
Get smokes now. I'm craving one too.

I'll make you a deal I'll walk to the liquor store and get smokes which is a walk for me, if you do.

Deal.

I have to sink the Tur-Tanic, but I will commence my mission in about 5-15 minutes, depending on the flushing cycle.

I will return to this very thread and tell of my extraordinary adventure (or lack thereof) after my well earned smoke-a-thon
Quote by scarfacesuit
Oh no, I admit it. I'm pretty much addicted and enjoy smoking regularly (not a pack a day or anything, but maybe 2 or 3 a day for leisure).

I've actually been on many adventurous walks by myself, but never on this route and never strictly for cigarettes.

Fair enough. Go for it then. I could probably afford to get out of my apartment right about now.
I need fags and the only money I have is in cheque form.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
go to the gas station and buy some m+m's with your ciggies
yum yum
Quotes from other UGers in your signatures that talk about how good you are suck donkey schlong.
I've walked plenty of times, two miles in heat, rain and snow. When I need one, I've got to have one, period.
You're*
You're killing yourself you know...

I joke. But you should get them now because the feeling will have passed by the next day, unless you have super strong cravings. Plus think of the adventure...
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I joke. But you should get them now because the feeling will have passed by the next day, unless you have super strong cravings. .

That's possibly the worst reason that exists for buying cigarettes

'Quick, you're not dependent yet, GO GO GO'
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
**** im unlucky

my house is like 20 mins from a shop

and i have no smokes left

and my dad has none left either

and my mother refuses to shout me ciggies

im gonna go cry
It's only a fag...but adventures are fun, anything could happen. Go on a mystical walk.
Get them now, I'm craving one like a son of a bitch, also my parents are home so I can't use my weed as a substitute
Make sure you get some beer too.

And nachos.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by numinis
or you can do like me and light one right here

damn I want one now
Yes, ladies and gentlemen... I now have cigarettes!!

...but not without a 5 mile long adventure.

I happen to have a friend who works all night stocking for a retail store. Since his job is so close to the gas station, and he was almost off work by then, I called him up and decided to hang out with him (because it's no adventure if you're alone). I got to the gas station, and LO AND BEHOLD!!! The cigarettes (Camel Lights for me) were buy one get one free... I was so happy I went ahead and got a Taquito as well to savor the moment.
After more walking, I met with my friend, and we began our walk back to civilization, and what do we see on the side of the road?
A bumper...
It was a nondescript green bumper... simply laying there. Right next to it was a car air freshener. The scent was "Black Ice", and it smelled like a generic cologne.
Naturally, we couldn't let this chance slide past us, so we picked it up (it was rather light) and began the long bumper trek back to his house (which we believed to be closer). On our way a cop pulled over and spoke to us, asking the usual questions, "are you drunk? are you high?" To which we replied, "Nope, not at the moment". Cop believed us and went on his way.

We reached a crossroad, and if you know anything about being a pedestrian in metro Atlanta, you know that it ****in sucks, cause the roads are big, the lights say you can walk when you can't, or the walk/don't walk lights don't work at all. As we found a safe spot to cross, we bolted, and luck would serve me to drop the Black Ice air freshener. We knew that this air freshener was a vital part of our journey, so when I found a gap in traffic (not a very large one I might add) I shot back into the intersection, found the air freshener, and made it back to the sidewalk with my friend just in time. I was almost roadkill...

As we walked further the burden seemed to grow heavier and heavier. This, added to a lack of sleep on my part, drove us to attempt to hitchhike the rest of the way. After about 50-70 cars speeding up past us, rather than slowing down, we took the hint. We continued on, until we had to stop one more time and take a break. We laid down on the sidewalk with the bumper next to us and rested. Many cars slowed down and stared at us, but none stopped to give us a ride. Soon, there was a police car coming our way with his sirens going. Apparently, someone had called the cops and said that it looked like a car had flipped and landed on us...

Yeah,...a car flipped, landed on us, and then just drove away without it's back bumper

So the cop drove off after we assured him there was no foul play afoot, and soon came another cop saying the same story. We told him the same thing, and he drove off. Within the next few minutes, we amassed a total of 5 cop cars to our struggle, and not one offered us a ride home.

After a long trek through mud, long grass, and ant piles, we made it to the home stretch!! We were within a mile of his house, when a friend of ours gave us a call, and soon drove by us, without stopping. Further down the road he stopped and told us he wouldn't let us put the bumper in his car. We offered many easy solutions (and we were right by the neighborhood by now, so he wouldn't have had to drive very far anyway...), but he refused to drive us. Instead he seemed to think that it would help our morale by following us nearly the whole way, creeping along and watching us, occasionally laughing.

Nevertheless, after our perilous adventure, we made it home, and I slept for about 15 hours after smoking about half the pack.

...it was a good day.
Last edited by scarfacesuit at Jan 14, 2009,
Congratulations?

Just in general, I'm so glad I'm not a smoker.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
The answer is always the adventure. I love walking at night.
Co-President of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Me, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.
Page 1 of 2