i plan on starting a build in the spring when i get some money and when the weather warms up. i know about scale length, mine will probably be 25.5"
anyways, how are you guys making sure the bridge is even with the nut? because i would hate to find out after drilling for the bridge that the strings are off center or off the entire fretboard. how are you lining it up?
Quote by necroscience13
i plan on starting a build in the spring when i get some money and when the weather warms up. i know about scale length, mine will probably be 25.5"
anyways, how are you guys making sure the bridge is even with the nut? because i would hate to find out after drilling for the bridge that the strings are off center or off the entire fretboard. how are you lining it up?
lol wut? it would have to be a horrible job of routing the neck pocket to put the strings that far off to miss the fretboard entirely. just route the neck pocket and dry-fit it first. then confirm that your centerline is still accurate. if not, make a minor adjustment in the location where you route or drill for the bridge.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
lol wut? it would have to be a horrible job of routing the neck pocket to put the strings that far off to miss the fretboard entirely. just route the neck pocket and dry-fit it first. then confirm that your centerline is still accurate. if not, make a minor adjustment in the location where you route or drill for the bridge.
lol alright cool, that makes sense.
Dont drill for the bridge untill you have the neck fitted, then you can get a straight edge run it through the nut, and parallel to the edge of the finger board, in the position the string will lie and place the bridge in the correct place, no chance of it falling of the side.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man