Well at Xmas i'm upgrading my amp, and i told this to my guitar teacher who plays in a thrash metal band called herratik. He said that for the AU$600 dollar price range the Ashton GA100 212 is a great amp. Today i went to the guitar store and told the guy nothing but my price range and he also co-incidently said the same amp and he plays funk in his band he told me.

I played through the amp for about an hour and ten minutes thinking i was there for 20 minutes which is always a good sign you like an amp. Have any of you guys heard of this amp and/or played/own it. I haven't found ONE review of it on the net, maybe im just not trying hard enough? Thoughts? TY
Quote by Fred1000000
Retards are God's way of telling you you could be worse off, AND entertaining you at the same time!
We have it at school.
It's not bad but you can get better
Ashton sell a 30 watt tube combo for around the same price.
I haven't tried it but I would imagine it's better.
Last edited by timo1 at Nov 14, 2008,
Ashton amps are what they are, they're reasonably priced lower-mid level amps.

Not shit, but nothing too great either. They're just.. Meh. (IMO)

Unfortunately when it comes to amps, there's no real cheap solution. However, if you're looking to play heavier stuff, I'd definitely check out Bugera, they're far superior to anything Ashton make.
Ashton are not bad at all for the price in my experience.
Quote by Weybl Himself
Ashton amps are what they are, they're reasonably priced lower-mid level amps.

Not shit, but nothing too great either. They're just.. Meh. (IMO)

Unfortunately when it comes to amps, there's no real cheap solution. However, if you're looking to play heavier stuff, I'd definitely check out Bugera, they're far superior to anything Ashton make.

Bugera are more like $1000.
Quote by timo1
We have it at school.
It's not bad but you can get better
Ashton sell a 30 watt tube combo for around the same price.
I haven't tried it but I would imagine it's better.

Valve=/=Good.
Last edited by Horlicks at Nov 14, 2008,
Ashton tube amps are great for the money. I don't know about that SS amp, but look for a VP-30.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Actually, I got given a GA10 watter. Im using it instead of my MG30DFX. I wouldn't rely on the gain, just get a distortion pedal and use the gain as a slight boost.

But, theres alot better amps around.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣