New pickup day! Ok i know it's slighty strange to post a picture of a new pickup but this one is special Miracle man which should give me the kind of tone Gilbert had in his racer X days but with more versatility than the dimarzio super distortion, camo finish, here goes!

Oooo it's arrived!
http://i34.tinypic.com/20azziv.jpg

Lets open her up
http://i37.tinypic.com/2igj3mv.jpg

Picture of her behind
http://i35.tinypic.com/rs6kih.jpg

How it might look
http://i33.tinypic.com/ih5mbd.jpg

Now to order Mothers Milk and The Mule also in camo

and here they are!!

Bridge = Miracle man = Gilbert tones

Middle = Mother's milk= Hendrix tones

Neck = Mule = SRV tones

Will be going in this

Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Nov 27, 2008,
Hehe in case it's not obvious i have not installed them yet , in that picture they are just resting on the strings
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
Hehe in case it's not obvious i have not installed them yet , in that picture they are just resting on the strings

lol cheers for clearing that up, i know but when you do (im assuming your planning on installing them eventually, although i wouldn't blame you for just looking at them cause they're sexy) get some clips!

please
excellent! that actually looks pretty nice against the white guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Cool, I don't dig the camo but I'm sure it'll sound sick.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i generally don't like camo either, but it looks very cool against the white (in my opinion).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
when you first said you wanted a camo colored pup in your other thread (the one about adding the ace card sticker) - i was like 'eewwwww'.

but it doesn't look that bad. Pics and clips when it's all done!
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Nov 17, 2008,
That looks surprisingly good, considering how awful camo pickups normally are. Also, I hope it sounds good, post clips and pics when you've finished!
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Unexpected PGM ftw.

That should look pretty cool. Why weren't you happy with the stock pickups though ;P
Paf pro in Bridge- lacks balls

Paf pro in neck- too high output

Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by littlephil
I love the look of the burnt chrome nailbombs.

+1 I want some.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Ordered the mule and the mothers milk today(single coil), will post pics when they arrive
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
If you ever decide against the camo, it'll polish off with some mag polish and some elbow grease. My camo Nailbombs have the finish polished off of the edges, but that's more of a wear and tear issue than anything else.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
nice...i just got an EMG-S for the neck position on the weekend, I will put it in later today.
New pickups, check pictures
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
nice! do you have the camo finish on the single coil, too?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yea lol well apparently!
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
Neck = Mule = SRV tones
How the hell did you work that one out?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
How the hell did you work that one out?

By asking Tim at bare knuckle who happens to be the guy who makes the pickups, guess that's how
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
By asking Tim at bare knuckle who happens to be the guy who makes the pickups, guess that's how
Quote by sharpant
Yea lol well apparently!

sweet

i thought srv mainly used the middle pickup anyway...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
sweet

i thought srv mainly used the middle pickup anyway...
Mostly the neck, or neck/middle, or middle pickups afaik. Whatever he used, it was 95% likely to be a single coil of a very special type. The typical SRV token-tone single coil would be low-output, degaussed magnets, alnico V polepieces, formvar wire, shellac potted single coil. The Mule is a medium output, non-degaussed magnets, alnico V bar magnets, poly wire, wax potted humbucker. So... yeah
Quote by MrCarrot
Mostly the neck, or neck/middle, or middle pickups afaik. Whatever he used, it was 95% likely to be a single coil of a very special type. The typical SRV token-tone single coil would be low-output, degaussed magnets, alnico V polepieces, formvar wire, shellac potted single coil. The Mule is a medium output, non-degaussed magnets, alnico V bar magnets, poly wire, wax potted humbucker. So... yeah

yeah. my guess is that tim told him the best pickup for the neck, considering it had to be a humbucker...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by korinaflyingv
I think it looks absolutely disgusting in that guitar
but I bet it sounds AMAZING

Entitled to your opinion i guess but i love the look

And yes i wanted a humbucker hence the mule
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12