I done a search and only found people complaining about Vista in general. Along the lines of 'it's just xp with new graphics but worse because it doesn't pick up the drivers to my webcam that was intended for windows 98' (true story)

So I love Vista so far, had a few blue screens due to some faulty hardware but they have never been the Blue Screen of Death!!! just the Blue Screen of Mild Annoyance!

Anyway

Vista wants me to install Service pack 1 and I'm a bit scared. I remember the problems I had with XP and SP2, Aol completely hating me like a spoilt step son.

So who has done it? good experience? anything stop working?
K koo, just install it.

Also you have terrible grammar and punctuation.
a little lost.....
Last edited by Davo Ownz at Nov 14, 2008,
mine works fine
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
ive never had a major problem with vista in the year that ive had it. then again, i havent installed any service packs.... maybe it will liquidate your computer.
I have no opinion on this matter.
SP1 has been out for aaaages. so by now most of the problems would have been sorted out

i have it and have had no problems at all.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Quote by Zugunruhe
ive never had a major problem with vista in the year that ive had it. then again, i havent installed any service packs.... maybe it will liquidate your computer.

thats what I'm scared of!
I had some trouble with me usb wireless adapter picking up drivers. scared that now I have it working SP1 will piss it off and I'll have to restore and end up blue screened
a. Vista is NOT XP by any stretch of the imagination...

b. your webcam is VERY old... not surprising that you're having trouble with an OS that's newer... everything is plug and play now. Check the manufacturers website for updated drivers.

c. I've actually heard good things about the service pack. Thats too bad that you had so many problems with SP2 in XP.

I personally have no intention of changing for XP anytime soon. Unless I find just an insane deal on a new PC with vista. It's pretty, but not nearly as easy to use as XP not to mention I already know how to use it... so no learning curve.

Good luck.
1988 Epi LP Custom
Peavey Wolfgang Special
G&L ASAT Classic Tribute
PRS SE Soapbar
PRS SE Custom
Jet City JCA20H
VOX lil' Night Train
Celestion Greenback and Vintage 30 Speakers
Assorted Pedals and swag
I have had no problems with it so far
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by The_rylan
a. Vista is NOT XP by any stretch of the imagination...

b. your webcam is VERY old... not surprising that you're having trouble with an OS that's newer... everything is plug and play now. Check the manufacturers website for updated drivers.

c. I've actually heard good things about the service pack. Thats too bad that you had so many problems with SP2 in XP.

I personally have no intention of changing for XP anytime soon. Unless I find just an insane deal on a new PC with vista. It's pretty, but not nearly as easy to use as XP not to mention I already know how to use it... so no learning curve.

Good luck.

Yeah I would of stuff with XP too but I got vista for free! Student of Computer Science and all...
I find vista just as easy and there is no learning curve to be honest.

Right I'm going to go for it. wish me luck. If you never see me again it's because I destroyed my PC in rage
i got vista and have had no problems at all. i don't know what all you anti vista people are on about.
Success!
Vista SP1 was harmless!
Yeah I don't get the vista bashing. I think they were probably too young to remember when XP came out, think that was smooth?
^ or any other version of Windows for that matter. Plenty of people swore they'd never use 98.
The change from Dosshell to Windows 3.0 was the worst. I miss dos
Quote by Davo Ownz

Also you have terrible grammar and punctuation.

which is really, really important when posting on an internet forum.
Quote by trashbeast

well considering there are users from all over the world who only know english as a second language, making your posts easy to understand is worth the extra 5 seconds.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
well considering there are users from all over the world who only know english as a second language, making your posts easy to understand is worth the extra 5 seconds.

was my post that hard to understand? I read over it, seems fine.
yeah SP1 for Vista is just a bunch of tweaks and fixes, it's not like SP2 for XP where they did a major overhaul of the OS.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by GaijinFoot
was my post that hard to understand? I read over it, seems fine.

I was just explaining that just because you're on the internet, doesn't mean you can typ lik dis 2 sav a few scnds.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by trashbeast

Yes, it is, when you want people to understand you.
a little lost.....
Quote by GaijinFoot
I done a search and only found people complaining about Vista in general. Along the lines of 'it's just xp with new graphics but worse because it doesn't pick up the drivers to my webcam that was intended for windows 98' (true story)

So I love Vista so far, had a few blue screens due to some faulty hardware but they have never been the Blue Screen of Death!!! just the Blue Screen of Mild Annoyance!

Anyway

Vista wants me to install Service pack 1 and I'm a bit scared. I remember the problems I had with XP and SP2, Aol completely hating me like a spoilt step son.

So who has done it? good experience? anything stop working?

Been running Vita SP1 since it came out...no problems at all.
I've been running vista for around a year now and am very happy with it.
I have vista home premium and its amazing, ridiclously fast, i like the new interface and ive never had problems except the time i downloaded a virus but that was my fault

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Yeah I agree, no problems with Vista at all. I did get blue screened a few times but it was because the fan on my graphics card died and kept over heating. Now I have a fairly good card and everything is fine.
Worth noting that I only have 2gb of ram and it still runs very nicely and only when playing Bioshock does it use all 100% of the ram
half life 2 runs at 160+ fps and still plenty of ram spare
Yeah, sp1 has been out forever. My computer runs vista fine, once you turn off all the pointless things and the user control restrictions it runs quite well.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by Farether
I have had no problems with it so far

This
I don't see why everyone always bitching about vista anyway
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18