last night i restrung by schecter hellraiser. i am not sure what strings it did have, but i restrung with heavy gauge DR's. When i tuned it into standard tuning, the floyd was almost vertical, so i down-tuned it to dropped C. This flattened off the floyd, a little too much as now the action is too low and i get a load of buzzing from the strings. it is playable but i would like to set it up properly. should i attempt this myself (if so, how?) or should i take it to a guitar shop and see if they can set it up for me (if so, how much should i expect to pay). cheers guys
To get the floyd set up right you should check this: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226

If you get that right I wouldn't have thought the rest of your guitar would need anything done to it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
u should loosen up the screw in the back of the floyd rose, the exposed back part of the guitar.. there's a pretty awesome video on youtube by "edlg42", he explains step by step good luck