Poll: Do your parents play and instrument?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do your parents play and instrument?
Yes, mom does
43 10%
Yes, dad does
126 29%
No neither do.
265 60%
A step parent does.
6 1%
Voters: 440.
Page 1 of 4
If so, specify, and state if you learned anything from him/her. Also if you ever play together.

My dad plays classical guitar and piano, and I leaned the very very basics from him. We sometimes jam, him on the piano and me on the guitar.

edit: No poll option for both, sorry..just state it in the reply if that's your case
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Last edited by Psalm 150:4 at Nov 14, 2008,
My dad taught me guitar. Got me into it and everything. He used to be in a cover band.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
My dad is an absolute grandmaster of piano, and he plays jazz guitar aswell.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
My dad plays guitar, bass, harmonica, piano, and he sings too. I think he's in a few bands at the moment. We rarely play together because I don't see either of my parents that often but he's lent me some cool keyboards and electro organs and stuff.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Both as a possibility didn't cross your mind?

*facepalm* I guess there is no way to edit a poll? I'm sorry.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
My Dad plays Bass and Piano, but my Grandpa went to Juliard in the 1930's for drums and he was going to like go pro, but then he went to fight in the war and got injured. But if he didn't get injured he never would have become a doctor and have met my Grandma, so I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for hitler...That's kinda F'ed up.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Nobody living short of Gary Moore will outplay my father.

If he weren't so old, he'd be fucking famous.

And I could mooch off him rather than trying to get there myself.
Quote by Tom_hatton
Neither of them do

And that is why you fail.

VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I hit mom does, instead of dad does somehow.. I wasn't paying attention at all haha

and he plays zee guitar, the reason I started playing guitar is kind of funny (maybe) because my dad taught my moms friends son how to play and that got him into it and while visiting my moms friends house her son taught me a few things and that got me into, so if it wasn't for my dad in the first place I may have never gotten into guitar.
My dad plays everything(well, every normal instrument)
But mostly trumpet
That's who I learned music theroy off of, he took college courses
XBL Gamertag:thor7861
message me you're from UG first

I can't think of anything to put here

my dad plays trumpet, saxophone, and fife. he taught me to play trumpet and drums, i taught myself guitar.
My mum plays piano and violin and has been playing for about 40 years now on each.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
dad plays violin and viola, mom plays flute and sings
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Neither.

But because my mum can play Fur Elise on the piano, she thinks she's practically a musician.
Neither of mine do, but my dads a good vocalist.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
My dad plays a mean stereo, He also told me he once played a Kazoo, but that involved the may 24 weekend and an entire case of beer, he one the "horses ass" trophy for that, He says he'll tell me the story MAYBE when i'm about 25.
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

IA! IA! CTHULHU FHTAGN!
My dad plays guitar. Mostly blues and arena rock (i.e. Journey). He taught me the basics of electric guitar and got me through that first grueling year of boring practice.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by Psalm 150:4
If so, specify, and state if you learned anything from him/her. Also if you ever play together.

My dad plays classical guitar and piano, and I leaned the very very basics from him. We sometimes jam, him on the piano and me on the guitar.

edit: No poll option for both, sorry..just state it in the reply if that's your case

My dad has played since his senior year and then taught me like four open chords. The rest of what I know, I learned here on UG.
My dad started to learn how to play guitar around the same age I became interested. He failed. But I still have his old, busted, stringless, mini-acoustic that he tried to learn on 40 years ago. He didn't teach me anything. And now I have about 3 guitars and a bass... not counting his junker and my first electric that I took apart.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
I spent an hour trying to get my dad to play the intro to One (not the small solo part) and it didn't go over well
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Quote by username94
My Dad plays Bass and Piano, but my Grandpa went to Juliard in the 1930's for drums and he was going to like go pro, but then he went to fight in the war and got injured. But if he didn't get injured he never would have become a doctor and have met my Grandma, so I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for hitler...That's kinda F'ed up.

Hahaha. I'm tempted to sig that.
Page 1 of 4