As the searchbar didnt come up with much, here we are. A thread to discuss Ice(men?) old and new...opinions, owners, we take all sorts.

As a starter:

The new ICT 700, neck thru, fixed bridge and Dimarzios... I've got one on order. What does UG think??
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

i saw a picture of Paul Gilbert with a Iceman that had an upside down body and a Fender-esque pick-guard in Guitar Player Magazine..
it was disgusting.

but i dont mind Icemen in general, prefer LP's.
kthxbai =]
Aye, tis rather nice, but i have a problem with double locking trems. and i like the new headstock design too!
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

I used to have a crappy plywood ibanez iceman. I always liked the body shape. I hope to build a Warmoth one someday.

You can see my old franken-ice in some of my youtube videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhKK4XVuW8Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-bxEM6lwn8

the guitar was originally black, but I got bored of that and power sanded the paint off and spray painted it. I had also broken the head stock so I got a new neck for it. Also I put a SD JB and Lawrence L-900R in it to replace the crap stock pickups it came with. I bought the guitar for $135 in 1983 off a friend of mine. It got me started playing.
Quote by A Certain Death
i saw a picture of Paul Gilbert with a Iceman that had an upside down body and a Fender-esque pick-guard in Guitar Player Magazine..
it was disgusting

It's his Fireman.

I really like the new ICT700. But it'll probably be discontinued by the time that it's reached the front of my GAS queue.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by A Certain Death
it was disgusting.

It's beautiful!
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

~Founder of the Pokemon Appreciation Club~
Quote by Liberchaotica
It's beautiful!

yes, +1 to that.

someone say something contraversial, liven things up a bit!
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

PG's Fireman looks cool.

I've been looking for an older non trem bolt on neck Iceman for a long time. No luck so far.
yeah, the paul gilbert iceman is the tits...sooo delicious. and original, i woulda never thought to flip an iceman upside down and work it that way.
Reverse Iceman/Fireman = Awesome!

Ibanez are going to be releasing one of Paul Gilberts Fireman guitars, not sure if it's only one or both (that's out of SSS or HH) but I know next year is apparently a big year for him, lets hope the price is as sweet as the PGM301 eh?

Now, I love Iceman guitars but they never seem to suit me enough to buy one, maybe if I found a basswood or alder one with a trem and HSH that was good (so nothin' like Sam Totmans ) I'd jump on that!
If that HR giger Iceman would have 7 strings, it would be my dream guitar. That finish is insanely awesome
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
I don't like the newer ones as much as the IC400...they seem to be trying too hard.

...although given the choice I'd take an old PS10
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by TheQuailman
Icemans are lovely. But the Sam Totman signature IC is a disgrace. Signature guitar with an Edge 3? Ibanez gotta be kidding.

a budget model sig?

that's completely unheard of and could never work.

there's also the Jem555 that has it.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by steven seagull
I don't like the newer ones as much as the IC400...they seem to be trying too hard.

Now that is pure joy on a stand.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
a budget model sig?

that's completely unheard of and could never work.

there's also the Jem555 that has it.

Might be, but at least there is a higher end Jem so it is clear that the 555 is a budget version. I doubt Vai uses the 555 models, but I can imagine him using the high end production line Jems like the 7V and the 777 besides his custom made models. But the Iceman with the Edge 3 is Totman's only signature model, and I am pretty sure he won't use it on stage. Or would you go on a world tour relying on Ege 3 guitars? I wouldn't. He certainly uses other guitars, so his signature just seems like a trick to rip off Dragonforce enthusiasts.

Yeah, I know, "cry me a river Quailman, it's not illegal or anything and that's just how guitar companies make money". Still, I don't like it. I picture a signature instrument as something an artist stands behind. I can hardly imagine this being the case here.

(I am not sure if the grammar in this post is correct. Please excuse the mistakes.)
Yeah..

Totman's sig has a Edge III, no? The only reason I would discourage someone from buying it.

Oh. And Sam's been playing guitar since in a couple years.

Think....

K
BUY MY JACKSON
Quote by imgooley
I don't know what that shit (racer x or paul gilbert) sounds like.

Quote by DSchmitty
Gilbert is a bad riff writer.

Quote by JeffWiredBeck24

Treble - 0
Bass - 0
Mids - 0
Volume - 0
'Tude - 10
Whiny Voice - 10
Panties - White

Quote by Shabadoo
I brake for huge nuts
it is an edge 3, yes. But as i dont get on with double locking trems it doesnt make much difference. Even if the STM model is rather dishy
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

Quote by Billy Picken
Now that is pure joy on a stand.

Yeah, I just love the Iceman 400. 'tis the first guitar I fell in love with. I just didn't like the cream binding though, would've preferred a white (OR MAYBE CHROME!) binding.
The Iceman has to be IMO, the sexiest guitar shape there is.

now if only i could get one with an OFR and two volumes.....
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
I love the Iceman shape. I had a few late 70s original Paul Stanley models over the years and wish I never sold them. I haven't been able to find another PS 10 for a decent price in good shape but I have been looking. I did buy a lower end Iceman IC 120 it's a little smaller than the other IC series guitars but for a low end guitar it's pretty dam good. There is a pic of it on my profile page in my list of guitars. Still looking for a decent PS 10. I actually looked at an Iceman Bass the other day at Daddy's they are pretty nice as well.
I'd love to get a PS 10 or an IC400. But other than Ebay (which I will not use) I've never even seen a used one for sell by someone who has taken care of of it. Looks like I will have to go the Warmoth route.
Quote by TheQuailman
Might be, but at least there is a higher end Jem so it is clear that the 555 is a budget version. I doubt Vai uses the 555 models, but I can imagine him using the high end production line Jems like the 7V and the 777 besides his custom made models. But the Iceman with the Edge 3 is Totman's only signature model, and I am pretty sure he won't use it on stage. Or would you go on a world tour relying on Ege 3 guitars? I wouldn't. He certainly uses other guitars, so his signature just seems like a trick to rip off Dragonforce enthusiasts.

Yeah, I know, "cry me a river Quailman, it's not illegal or anything and that's just how guitar companies make money". Still, I don't like it. I picture a signature instrument as something an artist stands behind. I can hardly imagine this being the case here.

(I am not sure if the grammar in this post is correct. Please excuse the mistakes.)

Sam chose to have the Edge III because he doesn't use his trem much. He does play it live (well, he was using it when I went to see them).

However, on the Ultra Beatdown DVD, he was using some of Herman's old guitars for the solos. They used a couple of old S series' and a JEM, and Herman used his EGEN. He tried to get Sam to use his sig, but Sam said the S looked 'more pleasant'.

So yeah, bit of both I suppose, it's not like he doesn't play it though.
that 8 string is an absolute monster. Nuff said really!
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

Quote by steven seagull

: orgasm :

I always thought they'd have looked better with an ebony board though.
Quote by Kai07
The Iceman has to be IMO, the sexiest guitar shape there is.

now if only i could get one with an OFR and two volumes.....

*cough*ic350*cough*

My Ibanez ADX120 on the for left. Would you consider it an Iceman? It's a special series Ibanez had last year. I don't know if it's cool enough to be, but with locking tuners on it now I don't think it's a bad 6'er at all.
Thoughts?
Quote by sabbath1313
I've got an H.R. Giger Iceman. And I prefer the IC 400 over the IC 700 because I like the old headstock style better.

Yeah me too! I gots me one of the last IC400 i could find just before the new model came out because the new headstock, volume and pickup switch make it blend in with all the other new Ibanez's! I prefer to have my guitar stand out a little bit ;D