How do I get better note precision? like watching a few videos, the precision of people like sysnyster gates, neal schon, etc. are DEAD on.

i mean when i try to play stuff fast sometimes, it seems i hit other strings consistently and all my notes sound morphed together into a nasty sound.

i printed out a bunch of lessons on UG yesterday and made myself a little technique guide to study and practice with.

I've been playing over a year but i still can't nail solos and other stuff correctly. I need to learn correct technique and theory better so any tips?

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by jcp42877
How do I get better note precision? like watching a few videos, the precision of people like sysnyster gates, neal schon, etc. are DEAD on.

i mean when i try to play stuff fast sometimes, it seems i hit other strings consistently and all my notes sound morphed together into a nasty sound.

i printed out a bunch of lessons on UG yesterday and made myself a little technique guide to study and practice with.

I've been playing over a year but i still can't nail solos and other stuff correctly. I need to learn correct technique and theory better so any tips?

You most likely try to pull these solos out at the speed they were made. It doesnt work like that, first you have to get it down really slow (and clean)and build up speed.
Quote by jcp42877

Synyster Gates is made of slop compared to some people, check out guys like Shawn Lane, Rusty Cooley, Guthrie Govan and Paul Gilbert.

Either way, check the stickies in the AT forum; they contain the keys to all the shred you'll ever need.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.