or other US/UK boutique amps, from Japan, without being ripped off by mark-up-retailers?
VHT is not boutique #1......

BUt it is hard to buy any musical instruments in Japan without being ripped off.... prices are usually equal.... but its the direct knock offs you have to worry about. Ibanez guitars are the worst...along with Les Pauls.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
From a VHT Pitbull breeder of course!

Excuse my poor humor, it is early here for me still.

I would go here: http://www.vhtamp.com/frames.html and check out that top box on the left that says "Japan" and try and get in touch with those guys.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Buy one from the US and have it shipped to you
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Buy one from the US and have it shipped to you

lol the shipping would probably be insane from that. I dunno though, I've never had a head shipped overseas before.

But I vote for finding the dealer from the VHT website.
There's a list of Uk dealers on VHT's site. If you want guess just bite the bullet or try and haggle down a bit if you can go in store?
Quote by frozen-dirt
lol the shipping would probably be insane from that. I dunno though, I've never had a head shipped overseas before.

But I vote for finding the dealer from the VHT website.

I don't know how much they sell for in Japan, but by the comments that have been made, buying one from here and having it shipped there would be cheaper.

It costs $180 to ship an Edwards Les Paul from Japan to the US, so I assume a head there would cost, max, $300 USD. Whether that shipping cost it worth it, I have no idea, but it's certainly an option if VHTs really are that pricey there
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Did everyone ignore my post with the list of Japanese dealers? lol
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Did everyone ignore my post with the list of Japanese dealers? lol

the japanese dealer from vht's site sells at a higher price than local retailers.
local retailers sell the pittbull at about 5000 USD, when in the US you can acquire it at 3500 USD. same phenomenon with cornford mk50h.
are there any online US retailers that ship overseas?