ive been playing for a while but ive never unscrewed the neck from the body.
it will only be for a few hours. will this have any serious complications when i put it back together?

its an electric ibanez RG series by the way
get a travelers guitar where it has the tuners built into the body and no headstock
Quote by speedmetalcore
it will only be for a few hours. will this have any serious complications when i put it back together?

Military? If so, thank you for your service! Shouldn't be a problem, so long as you can keep it with you. Shit getting stacked on top of it could cause minor neck issues but nothing a truss rod adjustment won't take care of. Main problem is damage to the electronics if you're not careful. Bon voyage.
First off, Thank you for your services and god bless!The action might be a little different when you screw the neck back on, but you can always adjust that. You should consider buying one of those traveler guitars- I have heard good things about them. How long are you there for? Hope you have a safe return
ya ive seen the travlers guitar, i dont know i just love my ibanez hah.

so what does "the action might be different" exactly mean though?
the amount of space between the fretboard and the strings.

Is this just a one time unassembaly?
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
is it just gonna be loose and unprotected in the bag?
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
yes its one time disassembly...and well ima wrap in in clothes and such to keep it from movin around too much
Yeah it'd be okay. Just be sure to adjust the intonation on re-assembly.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
As long as you have some basic setup knowledge for when you put it back togeather, it'll be fine. I take apart my fender to fit in a backpack for travel, and theres been no permanent damage to the guitar. Lust be sure to wrap the parts in a cloth or pieces of clothing to prevent scratching or collisions.
By intonation, he means adjusting the saddles at the bridge to keep the guitar in tune as you move up the neck. Your action will probably be a little different (height of the strings), but you can also adjust that at the bridge. I'd recommend completely loosening the truss rod if it's gonna be apart for more than a day or so. You'll just basically have to set it up when you put it back together.
hmmm...mabye i could jst leave it together and wrap it in clothes...or do u tihnk it would more likely to break
Quote by speedmetalcore
hmmm...mabye i could jst leave it together and wrap it in clothes...or do u tihnk it would more likely to break

If you can't put it in a hard case, take it apart. That way there's much less chance of the neck cracking, or even breaking off
No complications if it's kept safe. Away from intense heat, or crushed under other bags.
NO WAR.
Quote by speedmetalcore

if you take off the neck, then please brace the bridge in the trem cavity, taking off all the strings on a floyd messes with the bridges balance.

if it's not a floyd feel free to repost with questions. some RGs arent.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I also want to bring my Accoustic in my suitacase, it is a Taylor Baby with a bolt on neck. I was going to fill the body with tshirts etc and hope for the best...they won't let me take it as carry on and I only have a soft case. Hopefully it makes it in one piece!
you may be able to take the guitar on board the plane as a carry on, I have done it before. The stewardesses are pretty good at finding somewhere to throw them.
1. Even though I disagree with the war, thank you for being willing to fight it while it's there.

2. I'm pretty sure it has a bolt-on neck, in which case you can probably just unscrew the neck and carry it like you said, and it shouldn't have complications once reassembled. Try and see if you can bring it as a carry-on like Jimmy94 said though.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Nov 14, 2008,
Quote by speedmetalcore

dude, get a Fernandes Nomad www.fernandesguitars.com

they fit in a duffle bag and have a built in speaker....great practice guitar

I would think that the huge difference in climate would have a pretty serious affect on your guitar, and the woods would react a certain amount, depending on the climate you're coming from.

You might have to intonate it and check the truss rod and all that, but it could be totally fine. See what happens.

And I applaud your courage in going to Iraq, and wish you the best.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/