Hi guys. I am new to this guitar scene.
I will be getting my first guitar/electric guitar soon and I need some ideas/suggestion from you guys.
I will be playing blues, jazz, rock and maybe a little of metal.
Some of my main influence include David Gilmour and Ritchie Blackmore.
My max budget will be around 250USD.. not sure if I could get a decent electric guitar this way.

I already have Peavy Rage 158 Amp.

Thanks in advance.
My first guitar was a Fender Strat. Beautiful guitar- it has served me well over the years. It is great for blues and throw a distortion on it and it's great for heavier rock. I would suggest going to local music stores and trying out your options. You never really know what you'll like until you explore.
+1 to Emily

Really man you won't know what you want until you go and play the guitars in the flesh (so to speak). So go out and try out a bunch of guitars and go with the only that speaks to you.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
I would personally go for a telecaster but even a strat would do fine.
I also agree with Emily too. GO to a shop and try out a few different kinds. You may come across one you really like.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
you can't go wrong with a strat. you could most likely find a used mexican strat on craigslist for 250.
yamaha pacifica 112v- it's $200 on musicians friend etc.

bridge humbucker- good for metal and rock

middle and neck single coils- good for gilmour, ritchie blackmore, jazz etc.

alder body- decent wood with good tone.

win-win all round.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I will heading down to the music shop to look at some guitar later.
Thanks for the advice.
I agree with Jdiddy, check out the mexi strats. With some qucik and not too expensive upgrades it should serve you well. I don't know how well of a blues and jazz sound you'll get out of that peavey, probably get more hisses than kisses. Good Luck!
Guitar: '83 Fender American Stratocaster
Amp: '67 Fender Bandmaster
Effects: TS808 clone, SHO boost, MXR+ distortion
Quote by Dave_Mc
yamaha pacifica 112v- it's $200 on musicians friend etc.

bridge humbucker- good for metal and rock

middle and neck single coils- good for gilmour, ritchie blackmore, jazz etc.

alder body- decent wood with good tone.

win-win all round.

What he said.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Fender Stratocaster.
Dean Dave Mustaine Signature VMNT Flying V
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Line 6 Spider III 15 :/
Dunlop Dime Crybaby From Hell

Quote by acidrainman64
one time i walked into a sam ash store and asked for directions to guitar center