I know a decent amount of Music Theory and I was just wondering if there are any cool tips or tricks or sites to refer me to in regards to metal improvisation, I am already familiar with the Marty Friedman "Melodic Control" video. Thanks in advanced.
I don't know any references, but I know that if you take the Dropped D tuning then lower all strings down 2 semitones you get a good metal sound (CGCFAD). Slipknot uses a modified dropped b tuning, so experiment.

For my metal improvisation I try and use the harmonic scale becuase it has a slightly dark tone and theres plenty of room for trills and hamer-ons on the low e and B string (A and D with dropped C tuning). Also try skipping notes at the minor 2nd and tritone intervals, they both sound wicked.

Aside from that, I double pick where I can, and apply at least one squeelie to each string of notes as a closer/accent. Good luck, and ****in' rock out.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Well, you need to have a decent grasp on alternate picking, sweeping or any other advanced technique commonly used in metal. For scales, it's cool to use the harmonic minor and the phrygian dominant for that eastern type of sound. Check out www.shredacademy.com. It has some good lessons on it.
Learn to have excellent control over wide vibrato, really helps to accentuate pinch harmonics.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!