Alrighty, so I think it's time to start finally saving up to get my own acoustic instead of just bumming my friend's every now and then. I'm trying to keep it relatively inexpensive, but I'll go as high as $500 or so (I'll buy used). What I'm looking or is:

-Good tuning stability
-Good construction (no fret buzz in fucked up places)
-Electric gizmos don't impress me
-Nice Action
-Probably a jumbo, but this isn't a huge priority

Can someone point me to some good brands to look into? Or specific guitars if you have one in mind.
Yamaha's! They are inexpensive and are great quality guitars for the $$$. I own 2 myself. I am playing them in my YouTube videos- it's not the best audio quality and doesn't really pick up on the low end of the guitar, but trust me they're good. I would suggest going to local music stores and trying out some different acoustics. you never know what sound you'll get out of a guitar until you try them for yourself. Everyone falls in love with something different
You should really look into buying a Washburn. I bought one about 2 years ago, best purchase i ever made.
*Agrees with Emily*

Also, I dont know what the hell model it was but I saw a buddy playing a gretsch acoustic/electric... f#ck that thing had a sweet tone!
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Alvarez makes a fine guitar, I've had my Koa for 13 trouble free years. They've got great tone and playability and are incredibly reliable. You can't beat the price to quality ratio.
Quote by damskippy
Alvarez makes a fine guitar, I've had my Koa for 13 trouble free years. They've got great tone and playability and are incredibly reliable. You can't beat the price to quality ratio.

agreed. my dad has a few alvarez accoustics and those things are older then me(20 yrs old)..he stills plays one everyday too...sounds amazing
Last edited by xXMetal-HeadXx at Nov 14, 2008,
Sweet. Thanks for all of the suggestions people. Man, now I'm gonna have to spend like 12 hours at guitar center haha.