Ive always wanted a silverburst sg, and when i saw the epi ones on musiciansfriends i knew i had to buy one, but the only problem is they dont come left handed. Im aware there will be issues with me buying a right handed sg, because of the knobs and switch but im willing to get used to it for the guitar. I was just wondering everything i would need to do for the conversion, besides putting in a new nut which i already have.
Gibson SG Standard

Custom Monterey Strat with Half scallop and CS 69's

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
Everything else is the same.

The bridge will have to be re intonated for the string change, and if its angled away on the bass side, this may present a problem.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Yea the bridge is really the only other thing that may give you a problem, maybe move the input jack? it might get in the way where it is
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I recently did this to another guitar, I didn't even buy a new nut, I used a fingernail metal file and filed the sides of the slots so the large E could fit in and bam, I'm sat here choppin away like fruscuante's older brother!
You will really hate an upside down SG. A strat not a big deal but it will be a constant battle with the knobs on the SG this way. And you may or may not have enough intonation adjustment with the bridge angled the wrong way. Some guitars it works out and other guitars it will always sound out of tune.
I thought id really hate an upside down sg too, its horrible playing sitting down, but standing up wasnt as bad as i though, its something id be willing to get used to for this guitar, it just a shame epi wont make them left handed. Thanks for all the info
Gibson SG Standard

Custom Monterey Strat with Half scallop and CS 69's

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
They do, I have a cherrry...or do you mean special needs silver or whatever its called?
Why don't you buy a cheap SG lefty and get it painted or paint the sliver burst yourself?
Then you could also have a fun time modding it, changing pickups, upgrading harware etc to make it better quality and playability.
It is a shame that they dont make leftys, its funny, i'm left handed in everything i do except guitar playing
Quote by guitarcam123
Why don't you buy a cheap SG lefty and get it painted or paint the sliver burst yourself?
Then you could also have a fun time modding it, changing pickups, upgrading harware etc to make it better quality and playability.
It is a shame that they dont make leftys, its funny, i'm left handed in everything i do except guitar playing

^ Right on.

Cheers!
Surf Rock the World

'Shark Bait'
Coming soon.