Poll: Can you truly commit?
Poll Options
View poll results: Can you truly commit?
Yes, of course
115 72%
No, duh
26 16%
Umm, don't know
19 12%
Voters: 160.
Page 1 of 2
is there really such a thing as true love? can someone really commit to being with one person and never stray? honestly???
Yes...

Lemme guess, your gf broke up with you?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Yes...

Lemme guess, your gf broke up with you?

umm no she's obsessed with a book and wanted to ask other people.
Yes.

/Thread
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
i dunno, hasn't happened to me so i'm not sure

there probably is cause theres plenty of people write songs about it

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
True love? I don't know.
Staying with someone and never straying? People do it all the time.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
True love? Nahhh.

But could I really commit? Yes. I believe I could.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Not sure on this one. I'll post a better response when I'm engaged/married...
[quote="'{[Shylar"]}']umm no she's obsessed with a book and wanted to ask other people.

"How to lose a guy in 10 days"?
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

haha
Quote by SteveHouse
There's always going to be doubt and temptation within relationships.

Maybe it's just because I want to believe it's possible... but I vote yes.
I vote no. I can fall in love with a girl and love her like crazy, but I'll always still look at other girls and have doubts. I'd never cheat on anyone, but it's not possible to be 100% sure about anything like that.
The Relationship Thread has the answer.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Kensai

no shes obssessed with the Twilight series and the charactor of Edward
Quote by in2thesun88
Wow, I'm sorry. That book has corrupted ladies everywhere.

What's it even about?
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by in2thesun88

I know but I'm learning to live with it
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
What's it even about?

I'm not even sure. I think it is some vampire love story, no lie. All I know is that a few of my friends who were girls couldn't stop talking about the book (mind you these aren't goths or anything they lean more to the "preppy" side). It had them in tears for a few days. I just rolled my eyes whenever they'd start talking about it.
It is possible for two people to stay together and love each other until they die, but it takes cooperation and reciprocation.
Quote by in2thesun88
I'm not even sure. I think it is some vampire love story, no lie. All I know is that a few of my friends who were girls couldn't stop talking about the book (mind you these aren't goths or anything they lean more to the "preppy" side). It had them in tears for a few days. I just rolled my eyes whenever they'd start talking about it.

Ohhh. Hm. Doesn't sound a particularly new idea but eh. Maybe it's worth a read if everyone's enjoying it although tbh the only book I'll need is....

Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
*book*

...you reeeeeeeeally like Prince, don't you?
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Quote by wtf290
...you reeeeeeeeally like Prince, don't you?

Far too much.

My love of that book is justified though. It's big with big pages which means big pictures! It's so difficult to find bigger pictures of him because he's so private. I like to look at him. He's pretty
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by Les Paul Ell
I vote no. I can fall in love with a girl and love her like crazy, but I'll always still look at other girls and have doubts. I'd never cheat on anyone, but it's not possible to be 100% sure about anything like that.

This

I have a girl that I've been going out with for 2 years. But it goes without saying that I'll stare at a girls ass thinking "damn, it would be nice to have a night with that" I wouldn't cheat, but humans are still animals, commitment is unnatural

[quote="'{[Shylar"]}']no shes obssessed with the Twilight series and the charactor of Edward

****. TWILIGHT? My girl is into that ****ing shit too. I swear to god I'm going to cut her throat if she mentions Edward again. It looks like some half assed oh-so-dark-emo-should-be-on-the-WB-weeknights-at-7 teenage drama Then she gets mad when she asks me to watch it with her and I tell her to **** off(as she has asked me before I and said **** no before too)

EDIT: Well, maybe not kill more like tell her how ****ing hot I think her sister is (she's a very jealous person) if calls Ed "cute" again
Last edited by Putrefaction at Nov 14, 2008,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Just watch My Best Friend's Wedding. Made me believe in true love and the awesomeness of Rupert Everett. I do love the scene where he sings I Say a Little Prayer for You.

Hmmm.... define true love.

Quote by Putrefaction
I wouldn't cheat, but humans are still animals, commitment is unnatural

Nope, sorry, a lot of animals mate for life.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I suppose you have a point, but honestly, deep down, even if we're in love with somebody we all have those "dirty" thoughts about other people
Quote by Putrefaction
I suppose you have a point, but honestly, deep down, even if we're in love with somebody we all have those "dirty" thoughts about other people

actually it all depends on the specific person and pretty much where you live.
[quote="'{[Shylar"]}']actually it all depends on the specific person and pretty much where you live.

Well as I can't live someone elses life and see through their perspective I can only assume how I am as normal
Quote by Putrefaction
Well as I can't live someone elses life and see through their perspective I can only assume how I am as normal

nobody is normal. not even jesus christ himself, everyone has flaws and things that appeal to different people and think different things as well so nobody can claim that they are "normal."
Quote:
Originally Posted by {[Shylar]}

Lets get together and feel alright
Quote by Putrefaction

Quote by Putrefaction

Well no. You can take in information that other people give you about their experiences. Although then you have to decide whether they're telling the truth or not.

Personally it's like...I'll still know when people are attractive, but it doesn't mean I'll think of them in a certain way.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
True love, to me, is loving someone so much that you will do anything and everything in your power to make them happy- even if it means giving them up. Love, they say, is letting go.

That'd probably have just been my definition of 'real love' I guess.

My own understanding of 'true love' would be that they're the only one person who you could exist with like that, and there's only one, which I most definitely don't believe, although it may feel like they're the only one to make you feel in such a strong way.

Yeah ^__^;
Quote by SteveHouse
Well my definition of "true love" is not in words but in fact a person, there is not one other person i look at with attraction or any other thoughts except for my gf, she is pretty much the only thing that gives me a reason to even wake up in the morning and live each and every day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by {[Shylar]}

Lets get together and feel alright
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

That'd probably have just been my definition of 'real love' I guess.

My own understanding of 'true love' would be that they're the only one person who you could exist with like that, and there's only one, which I most definitely don't believe, although it may feel like they're the only one to make you feel in such a strong way.

Yeah ^__^;

I see real and true as interchangable in this whole love game, and my definition of true love is a byproduct from what you define as true love.
I try to look innocent and vulnerable....and then
BANG pregnant!
BANG pregnant!
BANG pregnant!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I see real and true as interchangable in this whole love game, and my definition of true love is a byproduct from what you define as true love.

Hm fair doodles. I don't suppose it matters anyway because it all comes under the blanket term of 'love' anyway. Eh

Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Truly committ to what?

A person. Forever, I guess.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Actually I thought that Humans and Beavers were the only animals that practice monogamy. I even think it's unnatural for humans to have one mate. It works much much better and is more fair on women though so I am glad that it is that way.

EDIT:

[quote="'{[Shylar"]}']nobody is normal. not even jesus christ himself, everyone has flaws and things that appeal to different people and think different things as well so nobody can claim that they are "normal."

Yeaaahh, bringing Jesus into it... even though he's clearly not normal if he's the son of God, I don't know why you had to mention him. And there is a sort of scale of normality that if slightly different for each culture. Say if you're too far on the left or right you're abnormal, but somewhere in the middle is normal, it's the most common behaviours and everything else in that certain area. Why I'm bringing areas into it is because someone who may be "normal" in England might seem like a complete weirdo in Japan where the social norms are different.
Last edited by Les Paul Ell at Nov 14, 2008,
Page 1 of 2