Does anybody know exactly how the wiring is when you install the fuzz factory inside the guitar? I know it's a bit complicated, maybe. Cuase if it's inside the guitar, it must mean it's "pluged in" all the time. so then the battery would die.. but thats not the case for most. There is a way to wire it so when you turn it on, thats when it only uses battery. Anybody know how this is acomplished?
I think you can wire it with a 3PDT.

Lemme paint it. I'll edit in a sec.

EDIT:

Tadaa, please correct me if I'm wrong.
MY RIG
ESP LTD MH-400
Roland Cube 15X
Last edited by MetalLintu at Nov 14, 2008,
sweet, i've always been curious as well...

but really, DO fish get thirsty?
------

Shwiggity.
Nice job MetalLintu.
I think I fallowed along pretty good.
But for the +9v, the top one says "This goes to the effects +9v" and the one below says "This lead comes from the positive side of the +9v"
So if the bottom is going to the positive, would the top go to the negative?
Or did I just get it all messed up..
You could just use a push-pull pot and a stereo jack if you could live without an LED... Do it just like Metal's post, but w/o the LED. That way, you don't have a big ugly switch sticking out of the guitar and you don't need to drill holes.

Use a stereo jack for battery switching so that when a jack is inserted, it'll turn on the battery. Unplug it and the battery will be disconnected and not die.

Eh.
Quote by sunflashnathan
Nice job MetalLintu.
I think I fallowed along pretty good.
But for the +9v, the top one says "This goes to the effects +9v" and the one below says "This lead comes from the positive side of the +9v"
So if the bottom is going to the positive, would the top go to the negative?
Or did I just get it all messed up..

The "This lead comes from the positive side of the +9v" really comes from the positive side of the battery.

The "This goes to the effects +9v" should go to where the effectboard needs to be 'feeded' with +9V.
MY RIG
ESP LTD MH-400
Roland Cube 15X
That should just go to the ground I guess.
MY RIG
ESP LTD MH-400
Roland Cube 15X
Oh and Invader Jim,
Thats also a really good idea.
But I'm not going to be using it all the time. So it would drain battery more than it would have to. and if it dies, then the guitar wouldn't work. right?
plus for the battery situation, I'll just buy a rechargeable +9v. That would save big bucks.
recargable batteries are bad news. they don;t hikd a charge as long as a standard battery, and will suck your tonr faster.

either way, though, your decision
------

Shwiggity.
That open spot on the bottom right corner should be left open.
MY RIG
ESP LTD MH-400
Roland Cube 15X
^^ I'm not bashing the idea, i have one in my guitar powering the other half of my 18V... I just found there was a small difference in tone after a while, probably from the pos battery i put in.

I'm excited to see how this turns out, though.
------

Shwiggity.
Hmm alright. I think I got the battery figured out. I'll just put both positive and negative at that same spot? or would something massive happen like an explosion. (joke)
and what if I get a switch with only 6 terminals? Seeing how the other 3 won't be in use.
please correct me if I'm wrong.
i wouldn't think it would change the tone at all if you put a rechargeable. I mean, as long as it gives it juice eh? shows how ignorant I am haha
You only need to solder the positive side on the 3pdt. If you solder both positive and negative to thesame terminal, you're short circuiting (sp?) the battery.
MY RIG
ESP LTD MH-400
Roland Cube 15X
ah icicicic. it still puzzles me why the negative isn't soldered to anything..
but instead of the 3pdt, what about a DPDT?
If you wanna use a DPDT you gotta use hooglebug's schem.

Though if you use my schematic, solder the negative side of the battery to the ground of the cricuit board.
MY RIG
ESP LTD MH-400
Roland Cube 15X