So i just brought home my new randall rg50tc, i switched the power to on, waiter for about a minute, then switch the standby, after about 20 minutes of playing the amp suddenly died, now i cant start it or anything, the tubes doesn't even warmup, what can be the problem?
And im so ****ing pissed right now since this is the THIRD faulty randall rg50tc i've bought, the first one wouldn't start at all, the second one sounded like shit, and now this amp died
and i thought randall amps were good quality?
Guitar: Ibanez RGR321 EXBK

Amp: Bugera 6260 head + 4x12 cab
the randall is the only tube amp thats suitable for metal in that price range i can get atm, none of the stores sell the bugera 6260/6262 or any good metal amp in that price range. And i was going to upgrade from my crappy micro cube, so i really wanted a good amp

Quote by ryphe
the randall is the only tube amp thats suitable for metal in that price range i can get atm, none of the stores sell the bugera 6260/6262 or any good metal amp in that price range. And i was going to upgrade from my crappy micro cube, so i really wanted a good amp

So don't get a tube amp. They're not even that good at that price range.
what do you think can be the problem? fuse , tubes?

Quote by ryphe

call around and find the nearest shop that stocks 6260, or any B-52, if your willing to return an amp twice, a journey shouldnt be too much.
im going to call the store that i bought it from tommorow and probably ask for my money back and get a bugera 6260

Quote by Demonikk
I think you're not metal enough to use one...

haha lol.

I actually ordered a RG50TC bu then cancelled the order. Thank god i did.
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes"

"Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through"

horlicks, you're terrible...lol

sounds like a fuse problem. funny, i never heard of those randalls being toublesome...maybe they keep giving you lemons? so just get some tequila!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Fuses just don't die. Something kills them, wheather it be a short circuit, a poor design with excessive loads or wrong rating on the fuse. Call Randall and see if they have a fix for it like a heavier rated fuse. I'm sure they have seen this alot if you have went through three of them.

Also check your outlets at your house to make sure you are within the specs for the amp, too high or too low of voltage.

My RG50TC died like this. Least reliable amps I've heard of.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Ive never heard of a rg50tc dying. Thats strange.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
I don't know what the environment was like at the warehouse, truck, store, outside, house, power outlet, etc. Can you guarantee you've got clean power? Seriously.

What was the problem with the fist two amps and what happened? Do you have any other tube amps in the house? Nothing plugged into power outlet but amp right?

Fuses are cheap. Worth a shot. Sorry to hear about your luck with this amp but it is possible you have a different problem.

Quote by Horlicks
So don't get a tube amp. They're not even that good at that price range.

From someone who suggests low cost tube combos all the time, you are acting like an elitist snob, especially considering the gear you use. Horlicks, I have always thought this, and wished you would FOAD a lot of times. Especially when it comes to this kind of stuff.

To the TS:

I really think Randall is a very good amp company, and I really think you are just having bad luck. Look around a bit and ask some of the other RG50TC owners and see if they are having similar problems. An alternative is if you are really set on Randall, to check out their solid state offerings, considering they make some of the best SS metal amps out there.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Dude, just save up and get a respectable amp, whether it's solid-state or tube. You would be better off getting a Peavey Valveking at this rate...
Quote by die_kenny_die
ok, don't you NEED an erection before penetration?? lol. anyways, condoms do occasionally break, and you CAN get her pregnant but you probably didn't. but make her go get the morning after pill. or fall down stairs. or something.
what does FOAD mean? i could think of a couple things...but i'm not sure.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
From someone who suggests low cost tube combos all the time, you are acting like an elitist snob, especially considering the gear you use. Horlicks, I have always thought this, and wished you would FOAD a lot of times. Especially when it comes to this kind of stuff.

i think Horlicks was referring to METAL tube amps in that price range. in which case is mostly true. the RG50 can sound good but i don't think it sounded super brutal like most people try to get it for. try to chill out some...not all us tube owners are etlists haha...
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
I realize that slash, but Horlicks always is, and always has been, and he gets away with it... its bullshit.
eh, some regulars around here are kinda like that...i used to feel the same way about timi_hendrix i think...but then i got over it and realized that different people act different ways...and that's just part of personality. can't change anything, just learn to try and get along with everyone. usually when you're a lot more open to resolving arguments peacefully and being open minded, you make more friends that way, and i know i know....who DOESN'T want tons of online friends!??!

lol
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
let's just figure out what this dude's problem is. 3 Randalls back to back? That is more then coincidence. I think he has a power issue and I don't think he has any other tube amps and it is possible this would happen no matter what he plugged in.....

It's like if you buy a new piece of hardware for your PC and it craps out right away because of faulty drivers. I'd rather try to get the driver part fixed first before sending everyting back to the store and throw my hands up.
It could be a power issue in his house...possibly dirty (bad) power and that is quite possibly causing fuse blows....

Try changing the fuse.

Also,

Invest in a power conditioner.
I changed the fuse and it started to work again

the fuse has probably gone again now..... just stopped working as before
just a check question, it didn't say in the manual how to start it, so you are supposed to flick the power switch to ON, then wait like 30 seconds and the flick the standby switch to on?

Quote by Brendan.Clace
I realize that slash, but Horlicks always is, and always has been, and he gets away with it... its bullshit.

I've been banned twice and I'm on one warning if that's any consolation.
Quote by ryphe
the fuse has probably gone again now..... just stopped working as before
just a check question, it didn't say in the manual how to start it, so you are supposed to flick the power switch to ON, then wait like 30 seconds and the flick the standby switch to on?

Shouldn't it be standby then power? People are always talking about putting a tube amp on standby before turning it on completely...

On a different note, have you got any surge protected multi-taps? Like the 6 way outlets that connect to the wall via a single plug? Try and plug your amp into one of the multi-outlet things, if you have a surge protector I'm inclined to think this would stop your fuse's blowing so quickly.
thats the new feature they installed in that amp.
"It only works for 20 minutes"
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by dandadog
Shouldn't it be standby then power? People are always talking about putting a tube amp on standby before turning it on completely...

it's power on, the switch is already on standby so the amp is on standby, then when it's warmed up, you flip the standby switch.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Replace the fuse again and plug the amp up into another outlet in a different room. If the amp keeps blowing the fuse, there is a problem with the amp.
Quote by Horlicks
Owned

Stop buying RG50TCs, problem solved.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I went to the store that i bought the 3 faulty rg50tc's, and they were also pretty upset that i've been so unlucky with these amp, so after a while of discussion, they let me buy the Bugera 6260 head + 4x12 cabinet for only around 680 dollars im really happy and the amp sounds amazing

Quote by ryphe
I went to the store that i bought the 3 faulty rg50tc's, and they were also pretty upset that i've been so unlucky with these amp, so after a while of discussion, they let me buy the Bugera 6260 head + 4x12 cabinet for only around 680 dollars im really happy and the amp sounds amazing

Perfect! Problem(s) solved!! You'll be MUCH happier with the Bugera anyway. It's a great sounding amp.
I also own a rg50tc, if it still was under warranty you could have just called up randall and find the nearest warranty repair center to get it fixed.
happy ending?

lol...i want a bugera to muck around with so bad, but i love my randall more
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH