Okay, well it was my birthday the other day and my dad had ordered me a dunlop heil talkbox, my head has 8 and 4 minimum ohms impendance and the cabs are the right ones to match, but i only found out a few days ago that the dunlop talkbox has to be set up between the head and cab, SO...

Will my amp explode/be caused damage to, if i were to buy 2 nice long cables to link the talkbox up next to a mic and back to the cab or will i have to find some sort of crazy length proper head to cab cable, and if so, where can i find some?

Thanks in advance
Yea, you shouldn't use guitar cable, it can't really handle all the current. I'm not exactly sure kind of cable to get though.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
get a speaker cable....i didnt think it was that hard...
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
yeah, i reckon you want speaker cable. i'd recommend cleartone (sold at award session), assuming you don't want to break the bank.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It would help if I had any idea what a Dunlop Talk Box was. So here's my best advice.

ANY cable traveling between your Head into your Cabinet should ALWAYS be a speaker cable. A guitar cable can't handle the high wattage being put out by your head.


On that note I use a 1.5' monster speaker cable for my head/cab. Like with all things cables, just get something with a lifetime warranty and you're good to go.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Last edited by `digitaL.braVo at Nov 14, 2008,
You don't need to spend much money on the long cables. Any moderate gauge unshielded dual-wire cable will do (like a lamp cord). It should be a bit heavier than a lamp cord if you need it for over 25-30 meters. You can solder your own connector jacks on them & presto, you have speaker cables. I've made dozens of them out of old lamp cords, 2-wire extension cords etc. When you solder the jacks, just make sure each side of the wire is soldered to the same corresponding spot on the jack on the other end.
As stated previously, DO NOT use regular guitar cables (they have shielding/resistance in them, & amp heads hate that).
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
I'm going to repeat exactly what everyone else said in this thread: You need an unshielded speaker cable for that. A guitar cable would add resistance to the circuit, which would make your amp very angry.

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!